• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Putting rabbits in same carry case for vets?

Nic.

Warren Scout
I'm taking my two rabbits to get spayed next week and want to know if it's ok to put them in the same case? I'm worried that after the op, one might hurt the other one or something and plan to separate them in their cage when I get them home for a bit. One of the rabbits is a massive scardey cat and I think she'd definitely benefit by being near her sister. And if i do put them together, can I use a storage box with ventilation instead of an actual carry case? I don't have one big enough to fit two bunnies.

If your bunnies are together now then I wouldn't separate them at all if you can.

They're together most of the day but I've been separating them when I'm not in or before I go to bed because Luna has started pulling Lana's fur out and ripping bits of skin off. She only seems to do it at night and they're best buddies otherwise but it was getting quite nasty. I'm a bit worried Luna would try and pull Lana's stitches or hurt her if i keep them together whilst they're healing.

They're together most of the day but I've been separating them when I'm not in or before I go to bed because Luna has started pulling Lana's fur out and ripping bits of skin off. She only seems to do it at night and they're best buddies otherwise but it was getting quite nasty. I'm a bit worried Luna would try and pull Lana's stitches or hurt her if i keep them together whilst they're healing.

Don't risk it. Rabbits should be alone for as long as possible after this major operation. Have them operated on at least 6 weeks apart. allowing each one that length of time to recuperate

It's a tricky one. Usually with bonded rabbits you'd keep them in the same carrier - it can actually help as that way they don't end up smelling weird to each other after the trip. I imagine they would be fine to travel their together but it might be worth taking a spare when you pick them up and see what mood they are in. Depends how long it takes you to travel too.

It's a tricky one. Usually with bonded rabbits you'd keep them in the same carrier - it can actually help as that way they don't end up smelling weird to each other after the trip. I imagine they would be fine to travel their together but it might be worth taking a spare when you pick them up and see what mood they are in. Depends how long it takes you to travel too.

I'm going to do this, thank you. The vets is less than a ten minute drive so it should be fine, I'll bring a spare carrier for the ride back though just incase :)

Back