• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Awful unsafe hutch - should I message?

Summer&Skye

Mama Doe
Just came across this on eBay

link removed by admin

Looks like the seller might make them as it says handmade. Doesn't have size but looks tiny. Describes it as an 'added bonus' being off the ground to keep safe from predators :shock: They've used what looks like very open chicken wire. Well I don't need to say much as you'll all know exactly how bad this is!! I was going to message the seller but I'm wondering if it's better coming from the free ads team (even though it's not a free ad??) Not sure, should I message?

Last edited by a moderator:
It wouldn't hurt to get in touch with the free ads team, even if you send the message to the seller in the end they might be able to give you a basic email.
I don't envy you the task of trying to write that message, so tricky to get the right amount of helpful and friendly without people receiving it like you're a criticising busy body. :(

ETA: perhaps you could write it as a potential customer. Say something like "I've been looking for a local hutchmaker and wondered if you make any hutches to the RSPCA minimum 6ftx2ft? Also, are they available with fox-proof mesh? I had a chicken wire run for my rabbit before but she chewed right through it!"

Last edited:
It wouldn't hurt to get in touch with the free ads team, even if you send the message to the seller in the end they might be able to give you a basic email.
I don't envy you the task of trying to write that message, so tricky to get the right amount of helpful and friendly without people receiving it like you're a criticising busy body. :(

ETA: perhaps you could write it as a potential customer. Say something like "I've been looking for a local hutchmaker and wondered if you make any hutches to the RSPCA minimum 6ftx2ft? Also, are they available with fox-proof mesh? I had a chicken wire run for my rabbit before but she chewed right through it!"

Good idea, it just worries me that if they are making them many unsuspecting new rabbit owners will buy them and clearly they are completely unsuitable and unsafe :(

Back