• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Shows

pooks

Warren Scout
Hi!

I'm just wondering if anyone knows much about showing rabbits? I know next to nothing about it and wondered if anyone does it for fun (in the same way horse owners show their horses and dog owners show their dogs)? I have no interest in breeding so I don't need anyone to go in to that, it's just that I have thought about it as a hobby.

Thanks!

Hi, if you love your bunnies, then showing them wouldn't be much fun, as it is not a nice experience for them. Most rabbits are scared travelling for starters, then when they get there, they will be stuck in a cage for however long the show lasts. And they will be picked up and handled by strangers, terrifying for most rabbits. I wouldn't want my rabbits to go through that just so I could win a prize, I want them to feel safe and happy. Just a few things to think about! :wave:

They are fair points and I love my bunnies very much but I have to admit I'd not thought about them being stuck at the show all day. I have never been to a show and wasn't really sure what's involved but when you put it like that it doesn't sound very appealing! x

Yeah I wouldn't want to stress out my rabbits, what with the traveling and just being at the show and being handled by strange people, it must be very stressful.

though of course people that do showing get their rabbits used to all these things while they're young so that it won't be stressful. no doubt some still are stressed though.

Back