• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Rabbit- Savvy Vet near glasgow?

Mariann

New Kit
Hi. I'm looking for a rabbit-savvy vet near Glasgow (South-East side). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Madonna at the ark vets in Coatbridge is excellant if you can get there.
i know there's a few other members around Glasgow area that will hopefully be along soon with info.
:wave:

Thank you, I actually found one of your previous threads last night about Ark Vets. Coatbridge is a little far for me so I've organised a trip to the open clinic in Holytown this afternoon since it's easier for me to get to. Hopefully everything will be ok. I'm worried sick :(

He seems to be having many problems, but they have only started since I took him to the vets to get his nails clipped a couple of weeks ago and for me to ask about his occasioanlly mucky bum. The vet seen he had dirt in his ears so gave me an ear cleaner to use. Since then, he seems to have developed scabs around his head that won't clear up, white discharge coming from his eyes and still has a mucky (if not muckier) bum.

Hiya Mariann

Hope little bun recovers soon...

Oh, and welcome from me too!

fee x

Thanks everyone :) I seen Iain this morning at Holytown. He had a good look at him and suggested dental problems but after looking at his teeth, he wasn't so sure. He couldn't find the source of the scabs around is head either. He recommended that I come back in tomorrow morning and see Madonna as she might have a better idea. However, when I got home today, he phoned me from home after speaking to Madonna, and she thinks it could possibly be a result of the Canaural ear drops making him immunosuppressed. So I was told to buy some rabbit shampoo to get rid of any residue of the Canaural around his head. I did that and he seems better already. I will take him to the vets again in the morning but I'm feeling much better about him now.

Back