• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Honey Bee

Vegan_Bunny

Warren Veteran
Took these today after I gave her a thorough grooming. She's looking beautiful now her summer coat is coming in :love: Sorry for the quality, they were taken on my phone.

Polo?

Polo!? :lol:

*faint*

It's ok...

I'm up!

:lol:

Awwwww, can I come visit?! :lol: I've always wanted a horse/pony... Wish I had been able to learn to ride. :love: Honey Bee, you are beautiful. :love:

*faint*

It's ok...

I'm up!

:lol:

Awwwww, can I come visit?! :lol: I've always wanted a horse/pony... Wish I had been able to learn to ride. :love: Honey Bee, you are beautiful. :love:

It's never too late..I've just started :D

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk

It's never too late..I've just started :D

Awwww, that's awesome. :thumb: I'll have to get some savings behind me first I think and look into it. :oops: it's always been a dream, but I gave up on it. :oops: my family could never afford it growing up and the pang was made worse by my grandfather. He had lots of horses up on his farm but we were never able to go. (Long, complicated, boring, family stuff... :oops:)

Took these today after I gave her a thorough grooming. She's looking beautiful now her summer coat is coming in :love: Sorry for the quality, they were taken on my phone.

This picture should be quoted "aaaaaaaand pose"

Awwww, that's awesome. :thumb: I'll have to get some savings behind me first I think and look into it. :oops: it's always been a dream, but I gave up on it. :oops: my family could never afford it growing up and the pang was made worse by my grandfather. He had lots of horses up on his farm but we were never able to go. (Long, complicated, boring, family stuff... :oops:)

I know the feeling. I always wanted a horse, and loads of my friends used to go horse riding but I didn't know how!
I bit the bullet, and googled "horse riding lessons for adults" and my post code to find my closest places :)

This picture should be quoted "aaaaaaaand pose"

Well, I was trying to get a decent pic of ALL of her but as I backed up, she kept followed me. :lol: Clearly she loves me so much she can't bear to be apart from me..it had nothing to do with the polos in my pocket. :lol:

About the horse riding lessons, I personally didn't enjoy them very much...but that's mainly because I absolutely HATE learning things in a group. I tend to panic when people are watching me and generally muck the whole thing up. :lol: It is also very expensive. :shock: I used to get private lessons for £20 for half a hour. Problem is that half an hour (or even an hour) a week isn't really enough to really learn a lot. It's very useful if you have absolutely no experience because it really gets you used to being around horses and teaches you the basics. Although, this is coming from somebody who can't even jump a horse. :lol:

Well, I was trying to get a decent pic of ALL of her but as I backed up, she kept followed me. :lol: Clearly she loves me so much she can't bear to be apart from me..it had nothing to do with the polos in my pocket. :lol:

About the horse riding lessons, I personally didn't enjoy them very much...but that's mainly because I absolutely HATE learning things in a group. I tend to panic when people are watching me and generally muck the whole thing up. :lol: It is also very expensive. :shock: I used to get private lessons for £20 for half a hour. Problem is that half an hour (or even an hour) a week isn't really enough to really learn a lot. It's very useful if you have absolutely no experience because it really gets you used to being around horses and teaches you the basics. Although, this is coming from somebody who can't even jump a horse. :lol:
Haha definitely not the polos ;) I love her expression though :love:

I'm paying private at the moment, just because I'd never sat on a horse before and also hate group lessons :lol: I've paid them in a bulk that I think worked out cheaper? It was my gift to myself for not going out every week. I started putting the money I'd spend on a night out in a jar, and after a year spent it on riding lessons. I wasn't a particularly heavy drinker, but even going out once a week adds up over a year :eek:

I'm a very nervous person so I would be terrified of learning in a group... :oops: I worry that I won't be accepted/what people will think of me... That I won't fit in. :oops::oops::oops:

It's something that I think I should look into though. I spend a lot of my time wishing to do this/that or the other... :lol: maybe it's time to actually do something about it. :D

I'm a very nervous person so I would be terrified of learning in a group... :oops: I worry that I won't be accepted/what people will think of me... That I won't fit in. :oops::oops::oops:

It's something that I think I should look into though. I spend a lot of my time wishing to do this/that or the other... :lol: maybe it's time to actually do something about it. :D

I'm the same in groups of people I don't know, I get so self conscious!

Shez, you should definitely do it :thumb: I'm sure you will be fine. Years ago I wanted to try pole dancing, and never did it, thought I was too fat, wouldn't fit in, (insert any other excuse) was too shy etc etc, however a few months ago on here we were talking about burlesque i think, another thing I'd like to try maybe, and it turns out Sarah1989 was exactly the same :D we'd never even met each other, but we decided we would meet up just before class so we could go together, we get on really well so now I've got a new friend, a new hobby (I love it) and more confidence. Oh and I now have a pole in my living room :lol::lol::lol: and last night everyone clapped us when we went fully upside down :thumb:

I should take up riding myself again, I always had my own horses but sold up when I had my children, my daughter is wanting to go with me too :thumb:

Vegan bunny, Honey Bee is stunning, and looks very smart :love: :thumb:

I worry about this too and also want to do loads of things I don't have the nerve to do/insert excuse here. Then when I was 16, I realised that it would hold me back from doing stuff so I should just go alone..... I saved up for 2 years and went to Australia for 2.5 weeks :love:

Shez, you should definitely do it :thumb: I'm sure you will be fine. Years ago I wanted to try pole dancing, and never did it, thought I was too fat, wouldn't fit in, (insert any other excuse) was too shy etc etc, however a few months ago on here we were talking about burlesque i think, another thing I'd like to try maybe, and it turns out Sarah1989 was exactly the same :D we'd never even met each other, but we decided we would meet up just before class so we could go together, we get on really well so now I've got a new friend, a new hobby (I love it) and more confidence. Oh and I now have a pole in my living room :lol::lol::lol: and last night everyone clapped us when we went fully upside down :thumb:

I should take up riding myself again, I always had my own horses but sold up when I had my children, my daughter is wanting to go with me too :thumb:

Vegan bunny, Honey Bee is stunning, and looks very smart :love: :thumb:

I agree with all of the above! Although I'd never met Zoobec, we'd spoken a lot on the forum and were good forum friends so it wasn't as terrifying as it would have been on our first lesson. If I'd been on my own, I'd have never gone or even if I did, I'd have just walked straight out when I got there as everyone else was doing all this amazing complicated stuff and were soooo skinny & toned & wearing next to nothing. But we persevered and look at me now:
y4u2a6eg.jpg

ydybega8.jpg

And I also have a pole in my living room too.

Vegan Bunny, I'm really sorry for derailing your thread a bit. I love horses and miss riding and Honey Bee is just :love:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back