• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just had my first broken nail

Kirotea

Mama Doe
Just had my first broken bunny nail. Maddie caught her nail jumping off the desk chair and it was bleeding everywhere. Had to call mum round to help! (She lives 1 minute away). I don't have any sort of bunny first aid stuff so had to use flour. Mum got scratched, bitten and pooed on. I really feel useless! She even helped me clean up. Maddie didn't really seem to care and decided to scratch her ear with her bleeding foot before we picked her up and got blood all up the wall. It was absolutely horrible :cry: She only had her nails cut a month ago and she bled then. Do some rabbits just bleed more than others?

I'm not sure, but I cut too much off Biffy's the other month (he has black claws so hard to trim) and I felt so terrible. I sat him on the sofa with me and put flour on too and he was completely fine, he didn't care :lol: I think I cried I felt so bad.
Maybe just try trimming tiny bits at a time? Either that or your buns quick maybe quite long. Not sure if any of that is helpful.

I'm not sure, but I cut too much off Biffy's the other month (he has black claws so hard to trim) and I felt so terrible. I sat him on the sofa with me and put flour on too and he was completely fine, he didn't care :lol: I think I cried I felt so bad.
Maybe just try trimming tiny bits at a time? Either that or your buns quick maybe quite long. Not sure if any of that is helpful.

The vet cut them last month and he didn't think he had cut too low. He was recommended by a couple of people here so knows what he's doing. Maybe she does have long quick if that's a thing. It was her other back foot this time. You can barely see her nails through her fur so they're not long at all. I did cry a bit too :oops: I'm such a wuss, there just looked like so much blood and it was everywhere :? Maddie couldn't seem to care less. Millie (her sister) looked corcerned for her, she's the sensitive one :lol:

The vet cut them last month and he didn't think he had cut too low. He was recommended by a couple of people here so knows what he's doing. Maybe she does have long quick if that's a thing. It was her other back foot this time. You can barely see her nails through her fur so they're not long at all. I did cry a bit too :oops: I'm such a wuss, there just looked like so much blood and it was everywhere :? Maddie couldn't seem to care less. Millie (her sister) looked corcerned for her, she's the sensitive one :lol:

I'm glad it's not just me that cries :lol: yeah, Biffy's looked like a lot and I only just snipped it. I take off a tiny bit whenever they look too long, i've tried shining a torch under but it's too difficult so just do a bit at a time.

Back