• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Oliver Sludge - Bladder Xray scared for him

nickybunny1

Mama Doe
Oliver is booked in for a bladder Xray on Friday morning. I am so scared of him going under anaesthetic. I couldn't bear it if anything happened to him.

A GA is always scary, try to think positive & I'm sure RU will have ppl sending their vibes, he has mine :) vibes x

Thanks for vibes. I actually have moved the appointment to tomorrow as the first sludge was seen a few weeks ago and I only saw Oliver do a sludgey pee on Sunday. Didn't know who it was before then. He honestly is like my wee child! They r all my children! ! Thanks I know people here understand.

Well thank goodness all went well. The vet has confirmed that it is bladder sludge. Tho she said it is in the really early stages. She emptied his bladder which still had sludge in it (no catheter) and checked his urine for infection. Showed very low trace blood so he is on bay trip for 10 days. He has also gotten a metacam injection. So I guess my gut instinct was correct and it was him. So I bought the low calcium food she said was supposed to help - vetcare plus urinary tract formula and i am cutting do back his veg to just a small amount of florette. I have to bring a pee sample with me in 4 weeks time to see if the calcium levels are down when rosie is back for her check up. . Oh and I have the buns on tesco bottled water. We live in a hard water area so I hope that helps too.

Good thing you got him in early then, hopefully his treatment does the trick :thumb: glad the ga went ok, its awful waiting for news.

Back