• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

sir

sir

New Kit
I cannot let my bunny loose in the living room, because I don't know how to stop him chewing the many electric cables I have going to the tele, recorder, laptop, printer, mobile phone chargers, sewing machine, and paper shredder, without making it impossible for me to sit there. Has anyone found some way of stopping plastic cable chewing rabbits from chewing plastic cables. Especially those behind the furniture, which is where he always heads for. If not I will have to move all the electrical equipment to one end of the room, and seal all access to that end. But I don't want him to get the idea into his head, that he is so important that I have done this just to please him.

Unfortunately that is probably what you are going to have to do. You need to bunny proof the room so that your rabbit can't access cables. They need to be hidden or covered. We have the whole of our downstairs bunny proofed. It requires a good bit of creativity and rearranging but once it's done it's done and you can relax for the most part.

My bunnies keep me on my toes. I also provide lots of toys, tunnels, and cardboard boxes to keep them entertained.

Good luck :)

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

Box trunking works quite well. I've found that plastic tubing by itself isn't strong enough so I use it in conjunction with wire grids or furniture for two lines of defense.

I've used cable ties, plastic covering, and put a hook in the wall to keep them.out of buns reach behind furniture. Most of the areas where my wires are (tv stand etc) are also boxed off, but you should never underestimate a bun (so I have discovered) :lol:

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk

We have all our wires in black flexible conduit and he shows no interest in them at all, bit fiddly to do but worth the effort. Our TV is on a unit that is in a corner so he cannot get access to back of unit and there is a piece of perspex infront of the unit to stop him jumping into where the dvd player is.

Back