• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does this mean the rspca have got them???

Sounds like the adopter has them still, but is giving the rspca an ultimatum as they can't accommodate

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk

I agree with Tash, that the RSPCA won't have them. The adopter has given the ultimatum so the RSPCA are trying to find them a home despite not being able to take them. RSPCA Suffolk West is run by foster homes only, so they will have limited options for where they can go.

It's quite sad :/ the adopter is threatening to put them to sleep, just because they no longer want them and the RSPCA can't take them. I can't imagine ever giving that ultimatum :shock: :cry:

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk

I agree with Tash, that the RSPCA won't have them. The adopter has given the ultimatum so the RSPCA are trying to find them a home despite not being able to take them. RSPCA Suffolk West is run by foster homes only, so they will have limited options for where they can go.

This. Looks as though they are just advertising for owner.

Surly having healthy rabbits put to sleep is cruelty and that the RSPCA should act????

Considering how many healthy animals the RSPCA put to sleep every year, they'd be somewhat hypocritical if they do this.

I'm not sure how the RSPCA differ from the SSPCA, but although I don't for one second condone anyone threatening having an animal PTS, I wonder if the adopter expected help they aren't getting? We looked at adopting from our local SSPCA and I asked what would happen if we adopted a bunny that couldn't be bonded with our existing bunny (finding a companion was really the sole aim of a second bunny) and they basically said 'tough luck'. They wouldn't take it back under any circumstances. It's hardly good practice, is it?

Hopefully they'll find their forever home soon.

I read it as: these rabbits were adopted from this particular branch and the owner can no longer keep them. In line with their adoption contract they have asked the branch to take them back. The branch is full at present and unable to take them right now. The owner has therefore threatened to take them to be pts. The branch has therefore agreed to advertise them to see if they can find them a home directly (they are prob already neutered), this avoiding the problem that they don't have anywhere for them right now, and avoiding them being pts. Seems a fairly sensible interim compromise to me.

I read it as: these rabbits were adopted from this particular branch and the owner can no longer keep them. In line with their adoption contract they have asked the branch to take them back. The branch is full at present and unable to take them right now. The owner has therefore threatened to take them to be pts. The branch has therefore agreed to advertise them to see if they can find them a home directly (they are prob already neutered), this avoiding the problem that they don't have anywhere for them right now, and avoiding them being pts. Seems a fairly sensible interim compromise to me.

:thumb:

Back