• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'd like to adopt a rescue bunny....

Sarah1989

Warren Veteran
Anybody want to let me rescue one or two?

I have 4 boys, all happily bonded & in love with each other which is adorable to see :love: They free range in their own bedroom.

I got three of them before I knew the situation with rescues and now I feel terribly guilty. Blackavar is an ex stud bunny who I got from a BYB who didn't want him anymore as his mate had just died. So not technically a rescue.

My dream bunny would be a blue beveran, but I can't find any in rescue. I've only found three online in the uk and ones a baby from a breeder and the others are an ex breeding pair from a different breeder. Knowing what I do now, no way am I going to give a breeder my money with so many bunnies in rescue, it breaks my heart to see them :cry:

I have tried adopting a few bunnies from a few different rescues and been unsuccessful :( one said I was too far to travel, one I was competing with someone else & they had a doe already whereas I was going to adopt a doe as well but they didn't have suitable in rescue. Then I rescued another, but she needed an outdoor home so she's gone back too. I'm getting a bit paranoid it's me, though they all assure me it's not :?

I'd happily adopt an elderly bunny or REW (I love them!) or any other colour that people reject for some reason :( I'd even go for special needs bunnies depending on what it was.

Anybody?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anybody want to let me rescue one or two?

I have 4 boys, all happily bonded & in love with each other which is adorable to see :love: They free range in their own bedroom.

I got three of them before I knew the situation with rescues and now I feel terribly guilty. Blackavar is an ex stud bunny who I got from a BYB who didn't want him anymore as his mate had just died. So not technically a rescue.

My dream bunny would be a blue beveran, but I can't find any in rescue. I've only found three online in the uk and ones a baby from a breeder and the others are an ex breeding pair from a different breeder. Knowing what I do now, no way am I going to give a breeder my money with so many bunnies in rescue, it breaks my heart to see them :cry:

I have tried adopting a few bunnies from a few different rescues and been unsuccessful :( one said I was too far to travel, one I was competing with someone else & they had a doe already whereas I was going to adopt a doe as well but they didn't have suitable in rescue. Then I rescued another, but she needed an outdoor home so she's gone back too. I'm getting a bit paranoid it's me, though they all assure me it's not :?

I'd happily adopt an elderly bunny or REW (I love them!) or any other colour that people reject for some reason :( I'd even go for special needs bunnies depending on what it was.

Anybody?

are you wanting indoor or outdoor bun / buns .
can you afford to take on more ? ..do you have space ?
what set up could you offer ?

are you wanting indoor or outdoor bun / buns .
can you afford to take on more ? ..do you have space ?
what set up could you offer ?

:oops: forgot to add all that, sorry.

Indoor bunnies only really. I do have a garden I let mine out into in the summer, but I know if I had outdoor bunnies, whenever it was cold/wet/snow/ice/rain I wouldn't want to go outside so not fair to them.

Ideally I'd like a single bun to bond with my boys as for some reason 5 doesn't bother too much, but 6 sounds :shock: they'd all be insured too, like mine. But I could accommodate a pair - I'd split the room in half with a solid barrier so they couldn't see each other to avoid referred aggression if they didn't get on with my boys.

Mine live in one of my bedrooms, it's a good size double bedroom - 9ft long and I did measure the width,but I forgot exactly, but I think it was 8ft. Definitely not less than 7ft.

:oops: forgot to add all that, sorry.

Indoor bunnies only really. I do have a garden I let mine out into in the summer, but I know if I had outdoor bunnies, whenever it was cold/wet/snow/ice/rain I wouldn't want to go outside so not fair to them.

Ideally I'd like a single bun to bond with my boys as for some reason 5 doesn't bother too much, but 6 sounds :shock: they'd all be insured too, like mine. But I could accommodate a pair - I'd split the room in half with a solid barrier so they couldn't see each other to avoid referred aggression if they didn't get on with my boys.

Mine live in one of my bedrooms, it's a good size double bedroom - 9ft long and I did measure the width,but I forgot exactly, but I think it was 8ft. Definitely not less than 7ft.

hmmm ...we are a bit short on girls at the mo ... but have some boys ... your very lucky to have a group of 4 boys ... that's great .. well done

hmmm ...we are a bit short on girls at the mo ... but have some boys ... your very lucky to have a group of 4 boys ... that's great .. well done

They bonded themselves really. It was an accident :oops: my two singles were going to be professionally bonded on Tuesday so I was going for two pairs..... A couple of months ago they decided they all wanted to be a quad :shock:

we have a couple of special needs that need a home
Enid is a large nethie x who has to have her veg chopped up due to front teeth she is about 6 1/2 years old
as said others too so please pm me with your details :)

I have a lovely 6-8m old spayed and vacc black up ears bunnie called jade but I am in Gloucester x

I can drive and am happy to do so. I generally don't like to do more than 2 hours each way, but I don't think Gloucester is that far from me? Do you have any piccies of her? Or any more info such as size/weight/history? :wave::D

I can drive and am happy to do so. I generally don't like to do more than 2 hours each way, but I don't think Gloucester is that far from me? Do you have any piccies of her? Or any more info such as size/weight/history? :wave::D

If you pm your email address I can send details x

I have a lovely 6-8m old spayed and vacc black up ears bunnie called jade but I am in Gloucester x

I've seen these buns, they are all gorgeous!

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk

as you like giants how about Scarlet? Frenchie..but..she loves a fuss but if you get in her way of food or toys, or the way she wants to go..she will bite

or rex girl Midnight...Very timid and will box

and older girl Enid..has had teeth probs and need veggies chopped up

or we have possible wildie x Tarla...lovely girl who is easy to handle once she knows you but how she will bond cannot tell as tried once before and she was very defence aggressive

Would you mind telling me a bit about Enid, and how long she's been in rescue? Has she had her front teeth removed?

Thank you :D

as you like giants how about Scarlet? Frenchie..but..she loves a fuss but if you get in her way of food or toys, or the way she wants to go..she will bite

or rex girl Midnight...Very timid and will box

and older girl Enid..has had teeth probs and need veggies chopped up

or we have possible wildie x Tarla...lovely girl who is easy to handle once she knows you but how she will bond cannot tell as tried once before and she was very defence aggressive

I saw Scarlett a while ago on another thread where someone was after a giant doe and I thought then how stunning she was :love: hmmm Bitey bunny if in the way of food.... Who does that sound like *cough* Slipper *cough* :lol:

Oooooo a wildie cross :love::love::love: I didn't think they could be indoor bunnies?

Spoilt for choice here :love:

Jill you have some stunners in :love:

Can you keep a female separate from your quad? Just thinking if there's referred aggression

It's so lovely that you are so determined to get a rescue :love: despite all the difficulties!

What will you do if introducing a 5th leaves you with 5 singles though?? Or is that unlikely (I know nothing about bonding groups!)

if Sarah contacts me re one of ours we will discuss problems to overcome/deal with if bonding causes issues
but for others info
if introducing an extra rabbit to a pair or group, you must be prepared for a fall out. It doesn't mean it will happen but sometimes trying to add another can make the orignal bond break down. With a group then it means rebonding which may or may not work so have you space for 2 seperate pairs? What happens if new bun not accepted? ect

if Sarah contacts me re one of ours we will discuss problems to overcome/deal with if bonding causes issues
but for others info
if introducing an extra rabbit to a pair or group, you must be prepared for a fall out. It doesn't mean it will happen but sometimes trying to add another can make the orignal bond break down. With a group then it means rebonding which may or may not work so have you space for 2 seperate pairs? What happens if new bun not accepted? ect

I PM'ed you :wave: forgot to say yesterday :oops:

Back