• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Conerns over Rescue

youthnovels

Wise Old Thumper
A few months ago I became aware of a situation where the RSPCA were "suppling" a rescue with rabbits to be rehomed. The rescue in question had hutches which were tiny tiny tiny, around 2ft/3ft max and were unable to periscope or exhibit any natural behaviours. Not even 1ft high.

The larger breeds of rabbits weren't in hutches and were instead free to roam around the small 15ftx15ft (max) area where easily 30+ rabbits/guineas were being kept.

There apparently was a dead bodies of two rabbits cast aside in a pet carrier.

It's been bothering me as it's clearly not right but if the RSPCA are actually using them as a channel then who would you go too? :?

Be careful, you use the word "apparentley", be sure of all the facts. If this all true I think it would be worth contacting the RSPCA and voicing your concerns. Sometimes people can be evil and make trouble where there is no need. But I couldn`t just leave it if there is a problem. Just my opinion. :?

Be careful, you use the word "apparentley", be sure of all the facts. If this all true I think it would be worth contacting the RSPCA and voicing your concerns. Sometimes people can be evil and make trouble where there is no need. But I couldn`t just leave it if there is a problem. Just my opinion. :?

I know for a fact it's true, sadly.

I just don't know what to do for the best but it's been playing on my mind for month's.

Well you would then know if it were true and could make up your own mind

I know it's true. I don't want to go into too many details. I just want opinions. I don't know how the RSPCA work. Do they work under the context that as long as they're safe and looked after that although not ideal it is for the short term.

I know it's true. I don't want to go into too many details. I just want opinions. I don't know how the RSPCA work. Do they work under the context that as long as they're safe and looked after that although not ideal it is for the short term.

No, they don't :wave: We have to adhere to licensing conditions.

I don't think the RSPCA will listen unless you have been there yourself. If it were me I'd arrange a visit, or get someone who has been to report it. It could be the RSPCA have been using them for a long time and things have got worse so they are unaware? Are they well cared for despite the small hutches?

No. If you are in doubt at all you need to contact the National RSPCA, either by calling 0300 1234 999 or you can use the 'My RSPCA' section online here -http://www.rspca.org.uk/allaboutanimals/helpandadvice. RSPCA branches are run seperately to the National RSPCA. If it is an Inspector taking rabbits to this 'rescue', it may be that there Chief Inspector isn't aware of the standards of the rescue. Feel free to PM me if i can be of any more help x

Back