• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Would you do this or is it too pushy?

midori1999

Alpha Buck
I've sold my Wendy house and run set up to a family this morning. They haven't got any bunnies yet and mentioned they were getting some over Easter. They've done some research, know bunnies shouldn't live alone so are getting two and wanted a good sized set up etc.

I mentioned that my bunnies are from the local rabbit rescue and that if they got rescue bunnies instead of from a shop it would work out cheaper in the long run as they'd already be neutered, vaccinated, health checked etc. also, that baby bunnies are often available too if they wanted babies, but that they may not be homing over Easter. They weren't that chatty and didn't really say much. I think they just thought I was a crazy bunny lady to be honest.

Anyway, they're collecting the set up on Tuesday and I wasn't sure whether to send a quick text with the rescue name and Facebook page in case they wanted to look, as I thought it might encourage them further, particularly if they saw pictures of any bunnies they liked. But is that really pushy? I suppose I have nothing to lose, but how would you word it?

How about printing off some leaflets and writing the name of the rescue on them? You can give them the leaflets when they get the wendy house. That way it wouldn't seem so pushy, just explain about the health problems with pet shop bunnies etc.

The RWAF have printable leaflets on their website - I definitely would, I have taken in too many buns who were neglected through lack of knowledge.

How about printing off some leaflets and writing the name of the rescue on them? You can give them the leaflets when they get the wendy house. That way it wouldn't seem so pushy, just explain about the health problems with pet shop bunnies etc.

The RWAF have printable leaflets on their website - I definitely would, I have taken in too many buns who were neglected through lack of knowledge.

I agree, however it sounds like they already know where they're getting them from if they will be getting them over Easter (I'm assuming you wouldn't know if you'd passed a homecheck for rescue already would you??) I took mine in from a relative who got a dog :roll:

Did they mention anything? I know you said they weren't very chatty.

I don't think it's pushy at all though, I would give them the leaflet with the details on it and explain it to them again when they pick up (and knowing me, explain it three times just in case :lol:)

Thankyou. I haven't got access to a printer as we are moving tomorrow. I will write down the details for them and mention it again when they collect.

Back