• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone with a quad...

elainema

Warren Scout
I would really like to adopt another two bunnies from my local rescue but only if I could bond into a quad as I don't have room for another set up. My current two are in a 5' by 5' summer house with permanent access to a 6' x 5' run so think they will have enough room. They also get at least 3 hours per day free range time in the garden if the weathers ok.
I'm just worried about the practicalities? Transporting etc. what size carrier as they would all need to be in one wherever they went. Stuff like that... Anyone any advice/opinions one way or another?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would really like to adopt another two bunnies from my local rescue but only if I could bond into a quad as I don't have room for another set up. My current two are in a 5' by 5' summer house with permanent access to a 6' x 5' run so think they will have enough room. They also get at least 3 hours per day free range time in the garden if the weathers ok.
I'm just worried about the practicalities? Transporting etc. what size carrier as they would all need to be in one wherever they went. Stuff like that... Anyone any advice/opinions one way or another?

I did have a carrier big enough for four but I couldnt lift it so we now have two carriers! Other than that they are easy to deal with

:wave: I have a quad, originally 2 pairs made up of Apricot and Ginger (sisters) and Dandy and Beano (brothers) they're very happy as a quad, the bond between the individuals from the pairs is still there, but they are also very well bonded with each other too. Dandy and Beano are very affectionate buns, especially Beano :love: they always were to each other and they now are to Apricot and Ginger, but Apricot and Ginger never groomed each other, and they don't groom Dandy or Beano either. I bonded them myself after having runs side by side and swapping tunnels over, so they sort of knew each other first. My bonding thread is here
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?402162-U-d-2-weeks-after-Bonding-a-quad
They now have a 6x4 shed with levels made from shelves etc and a 17ft x10 ft run.

As far as vet visits go I had the same dilemmas as you, in fact I started a thread about it here http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/s...uad-group-owners-how-to-do-vet-visits-U-d-p21 and I got some very good feedback about it. As you can see I got the Ferplast Atlas Mini and I love it, mine are not big bunnies and fit in easily with room to spare. They have it in their shed as an extra bed (or should I say toilet :roll:)

Ask the rescue maybe if they think the bond will work I think it's important to know the bunnies personalities and then you'll have an idea if it might work :thumb:

:oops: sorry I've just realised how much I've waffled on, can you tell how much I love my buns :love: any questions feel free to PM me.

Oooo how exciting. Just seen your post about your new rex girls.

I have a quad. I cant lift the carrier with all four in so I also use two carriers.

I had to take one of the bucks to the vet. He is top buck so I took his brother and left the two girls. All went back together no probs.

It was an amazing experience doing the bonding. I would love to bond my other two pairs into the group but will not try anything until autumn (less hormones around) and may not do it even then. This is the thread;

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/s...pdate-now-a-quad-More-pics!&highlight=bonding

Thanks for all the info! Lots to think about but all very helpful xxx

I didn't want to say it wasn't me lol! Your Rex girls are beautiful by the way xx

Not quite the same but I have a trio made up of a lurved up pair and a stray baby.

My original pair are still a couple but let the young whipper snapper live with them. He can wash them both at their insistence but he can only be washed by the couple if they really want to.

I have a large carrier that they all just fit in but its really heavy to lift. But with 3 one would end up alone so I struggle with it.

They have a 6x4 shed with a 5x5 walk in run, but they free range most days all day.

I did get somebody to bond for me as it was just too stressful, they were away a week, it was awful without them but so worth it when you look out and theres 3 little buns snuggled up together on the patio

Ni! My post appears to have gone walkies :evil: I have a quad who bonded themselves a couple of months ago. I've only had to take them all out together once & I just pile a pair into my 2 carriers. I couldn't fit anything larger in my car or lift it. Slipper's a heavy boy!

Back