• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New Adoption Today. 2 Mini Rex Girls. Pics now added. U/D They've been fighting! :-/

Dippy_Danni

Warren Scout
Hi all, so excited to announce my 2 new arrivals!

I have adopted from a rescue 2 stunning black otter mini rex girls. I'm in love 100%! :love: :love:

They are settling in after the trip home this evening so pics will follow over the next few days.

If I we're a bun I would binky all over my living room! :lol:

Last edited:
Oh my goodness, the mess this morning! We do need to work on our toileting lol. They've had their breakie and some cabbage leaves. Just going in for a clean out and then I'll get some piccies.

Thanks for all the comments :wave:

Oh my goodness, the mess this morning! We do need to work on our toileting lol. They've had their breakie and some cabbage leaves. Just going in for a clean out and then I'll get some piccies.

Thanks for all the comments :wave:

We're all patiently waiting ;)

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk

Oh they are beautiful and look like good hay eaters. I do hope you aren't expecting things to stay that tidy for long :lol:

What beauties. I love the look of rex rabbits. Are you going to bond them with the two (lovely) rabbits in your siggy when they have settled in?

Oh they are beautiful and look like good hay eaters. I do hope you aren't expecting things to stay that tidy for long :lol:

Rexes are fast learners ;)

I just keep shovelling the poop into the hay box time and time again, but I nipped out before the shops shut, peeked around the door when I came back and no poops anywhere to be seen! :shock:

They have only just been neutered about a week so I'll cut them some slack while I keep dropping the hint! lol

What beauties. I love the look of rex rabbits. Are you going to bond them with the two (lovely) rabbits in your siggy when they have settled in?

Welllll, my siggy pic was taken during their 1st bonding attempt but after fighting broke out I had to abort the mission :cry: They are both boys.

Jasper is my mischievous Mini Rex and Logan is the adorable but very shy Brown & White Dutch :love:

They went off to Fat Fluffs for some expert help and they did last around 36 hours but Jasper is too hyper, he is Tigger to Logan's Eeyore. Jasper is on ever-ready and pushes Logan with his hyper-ness to the point where it's too much and Logan is the 1 who actually attacks. On the 2nd attempt Jasper had to have his foot glued by the rescue's vet.

They live in the same cage and free range in the same room separately. I have to rota it and it's far from ideal for either of them.

3 options we're put to me after the 2nd bonding attempt failed.
1) Add 2 girls to create a quad on the basis that girls are more bossy than boys and this would give them both something else to think about.
2) Pair both separately with 1 female each - I could do this if it was the only option but I'd really prefer not to.
3) Keep 1, bond it with a different rabbit and put the other up for adoption - Trying to avoid this at all costs and it's very hard to contemplate giving 1 of them away. I try to think it might be better for them both in the long run but keep coming down the fact that I'd be giving up on 1 of my pets :cry::cry:

I have been following this http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?390259-What-is-your-method-of-Bonding-Rabbits
which is certainly thought provoking. Both attempts we're made in very limited space but with Jasper's energetic personality I have wondered for a long time if giving them a whole area would have had better results. Logan hides under our armchair the minute he comes out as it is, he may have coped better if he'd had the option to back off for a while.

They are so interested in each other - Still.
They are constantly visiting each other from opposite sides of the cage and I watch them standing nose against nose.

A post was put out in a group I am in on fb, where the rescue had asked if anyone could offer the 2 sisters a home, I said I could if they can be bonded with my existing buns. They don't have the space to try a bond for me but they have said if it doesn't work out, they would have them back. It's a gamble I know so we're keeping everything crossed for 'happy ever after' :love:

Back