• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please help!

Linquieti

New Kit
Hi, I have a 3 week old kit which i suspect has mucus enteritis. I took her to the vets today as soon as I suspected something was wrong. She has passed mucus like stuff from her bottom around 3 times, the first two having blood in them. She won't feed from her mother and has lost weight. I took her to my vet today and have been given oxbow critical care for herbivores which the kit has been eating herself now. And antibiotics. The kit has also drank today and eaten some hay. But I'm not sure whether to ring my vet up again and ask for something else to help the kit? But I'm not sure what else I can do? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thankyou! :(

Is the kit passing any formed feces now ?

You could ask the Vet about giving the Kit a probiotic such as Fiberplex or a water soluble one called Bio Lapis

No not right now, she's not long started eating so were hoping she does tomorrow. I was also thinking about getting bio lapis sachets, I'm going to pick some up tomorrow after ringing the vet, thankyou!

Back