• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

It's our job to raise children who will make the world a little less cruel

nursecroft

Wise Old Thumper
“It's not our job to toughen our children up to face a cruel and heartless world. It's our job to raise children who will make the world a little less cruel and heartless.”

Last edited:
beautiful :love: Im trying to do same with my 3 and half year old son Oliver....but animals are so scary to him dispite growing up around dogs and horses since birth :( The only animal he actually dosnt avoid is our bunny x

beautiful :love: Im trying to do same with my 3 and half year old son Oliver....but animals are so scary to him dispite growing up around dogs and horses since birth :( The only animal he actually dosnt avoid is our bunny x

Oh that's a shame, Archie is 2, he's always been around animals and loves them all x

I totally agree with the thread title Nursecroft.

Our two children are now 18 and nearly 17. It sums up their views on animals in this simple tale.

Cal (18 yr old son) was asked to put the spare hay bin back into the shed. Next thing he comes running in 'Mam, Mam, there's a rat in the shed, he's OK, I just frightened him I think, what can I give him to eat?'

Our daughter pipes up 'Did you knock first?' She clarified by explaining that she always knocks the knocker on the shed door before going in there to give 'the ratty' fair warning that she's coming.

I love my children :love:

BTW - our rabbits are indoor rabbits and all food and hay is stored away from any potential rat contact! :D

I agree. My godson is 2, his mother is terrified of large animals like.horses, cows etc but doesn't want him to be. Every month I take him to a farm where they allow children to learn about the animals, and get close to them etc. He absolutely loves it. He has asked why his mum doesn't take him, and we've simply said "this is something for auntie tash, and (name) to do together, and gives mummy time to clean" etc. Obviously as he gets older he'll discover the truth, but by then he'll have already discovered that the animals are harmless, and his fears won't be influenced by his mum.

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk

He's just too cute for me!! :love::love:

LOVE how confident and relaxed he looks on the horse.

He's a little gem of a boy and a credit to you.

:love::love:

Lovely photos ,brought a tear to my eye xxx
My baby loves animals,but I am careful not to let him touch the rabbits yet as he is to young but he loves Nobby dog xxxxx

313455c3663e816d748f7e256d6541c4.jpg

Back