• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fergie is just too clever (and fussy)

Holhol

Alpha Buck
I'm onto day 3 of worming and it's getting harder everyday!
He will do anything for raspberries (or fenugreek crunchies!) so I've been using raspberries as a cup for the worming paste.
Day 1 - loved it! Ate it all no problems
Day 2 - decided it was gross and tried to spit the wormer out whilst still eating the raspberry
Day 3 - ate every bit of raspberry not covered in wormer, then weed on me for being mean
Why does he have to be so awkward! It doesn't taste that bad!

I'm debating drilling a hole into a chunk of apple tomorrow and filling the hole with wormer - he hasn't sussed out apple = nasty yet!
Does anyone have any nice easy tips for getting him to eat it? I've tried it on rolled up basil on day 1 but he said no thanks mum!

Bumping up for you :thumb: I don't have any experience myself, but I think some people use Ella's kitchen baby food in a carrot flavour to give meds? I don't know if it's any good for wormer. Hopefully someone will reply soon :D

I know exactly what you mean! Mine sussed out basil leaves = yuck very quickly. I used mint which worked for a bit :thumb:

Sorry I can't help but I just found the above comment amusing. .. Are you suggesting you have tried said wormer? !
He he

Sorry I can't help but I just found the above comment amusing. .. Are you suggesting you have tried said wormer? !
He he

I had an accidental taste haha :) he is being a little nightmare this morning - the wormer seems to have made him go mental! I'll be glad when I don't have to think of a new worming method a day! :)

Back