• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Buying prescription meds online help!

Hele

Warren Veteran
Farore is going back onto daily metacam :( and I got a small bottle from the vets for now and a prescription to buy more much more cheaply online.

It's a repeat prescription. How on earth does that work? Do I need to buy all the repeats at once, or can I just use the same prescription each time I order?

Surely if I can use the same prescription multiple times (for the repeats) then in theory I could get an unlimited supply of metacam by using the same prescription 5 times at different online sellers as they want a copy of the prescription uploaded as proof???

Plus it looks like the vet seriously miscalculated how much I would need, she has written a prescription for 5 repeats of 100ml metacam for 6 months :shock: she is on a ml a day, somehow I think 500ml might last a while!!!

You order what you need then send the prescription. The conpany will check you have enough prescribed to send out what you have ordered and send it ib the quantity you have chosen. They will keep it on record and you should be able to see on your account how much you can still order before the prescription runs out. You can then order more when you need it as long as you have more left on your prescription in the allocated time. You don't have to order the whole lot all at once if you don't think you'll need it.

Ah brilliant :p thanks for that!

Still in theory couldn't i do the same from several companies and end up with loads of metacam? I have no intention of doing so of course but it seems like a bit of a flawed system!

I suppose so but I've always posted the original script to them. Are you allowed to send it electronically?

Yeah, I'm looking to buy from viovet and you just scan it in and either upload it to the website or email it to them. Or of course you can post it.

It does say that on controlled drugs (epiphen is the example they give) there are stricter rules, the original prescription must be sent in and the order completed within 28 days of the prescription being written.

Yeah, I'm looking to buy from viovet and you just scan it in and either upload it to the website or email it to them. Or of course you can post it.

It does say that on controlled drugs (epiphen is the example they give) there are stricter rules, the original prescription must be sent in and the order completed within 28 days of the prescription being written.

I get my cats meds from Viovet. they are brilliant with delivery but there is one problem. I cant 'part order' I have to get all 90 tablets in one go. The up side is that it is over the limit for free post but I wish I could just order a month at a time. Maybe its to do with how the prescription is worded.

They are really helpful when you ring them too

Back