• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My first taste of bunny destruction

LittleEskimo

Mama Doe
I currently have no furniture in my room bar a small shelving unit and so have been keeping my cables in one of the cardboard boxes that I used to move in with (I somehow thought they would be safe enough). I also gave one empty box to the rabbits, hoping that would keep them distracted so they wouldn't eat the cable box...

Well I went to the gym last night and came home to this!

G8V6aCr.jpg

Nothing was plugged in so they are both fine but it seems Pebbles had made a start on chewing a hole in the box and then proceeded to jump inside and cause mayhem.

Both my laptop and phone charger, what luck!

:roll:

I am sure bunnies are magnatised to wires:lol: Metal box would be the only thing to keep her out! We have got miles of this flexible conduit that our wires are inside so housebun can chew and not get to the actual wires - yet.

I think they must be :roll: I was looking at cable covers and thought they would be so useful. Looks like ill have to buy some for my new chargers when I can get them :lol:

I've lost three chargers, a laptop cable and a hairdryer cable over the years :roll: I always 'think' I've bunny proofed but they are so bloomin determined when they want to be. I now have cable covers and also keep them blocked off with puppy panels.

Honestly, having indoor rabbits is a HUGE learning curve!

They seem quite well behaved in all other aspects of house rabbit-ness. No furniture chewing or wees on carpet. But cables seem to be a whole different story :lol:

That looks a familiar sight! :lol:

My son got his trainers earlier to find blossom had chewed all the laces and they were in about 5 pieces! Little monkey. Can't help but love em though :love:

Sorry I have to laugh :lol:
Cheeky bunnies, didnt like the chargers :lol: :roll:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Levi and Daisy aren't house rabbits so my cables are safe, but what they do seem to love (Daisy in particular) is zips. If there is an open zip anywhere on my clothing Daisy will hone in on it and start chewing immediately. Particularly annoying if you don't notice and they try to do up said zip!!

Back