• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Emergency vets around Orpington, Kent

Fellie

Warren Veteran
Does anyone know of any decent emergency vets around Orpington? Our normal vet (companion vets) close at 7pm and don't admit animals over night anyway - and the vets they use for emergencies are a good 45 minutes drive away - and were absolutly rubbish when Holly had stasis last year (the woman vet stank of cigarette smoke and didn't seem to take on board that Holly wasn't eating or pooping :evil:).

We have used a vet in Beckenham last year when Sheldon got ill with snuffles and that was fine (and for our hamsters) - but now they are saying we are 'out of their area' so can't treat our animals. :shock:

I just want a place that I trust that we can register with - and then at least it's none of that frantic calling around.

Straight down the A20/M20 is Maidstone, and you could use Trinity Vets (one of the best veterinary practices in the whole of the South East) - Mark, one of their vets is well known and respected by many members here.

I could do Orpington > Maidstone in ~30 minutes?

Trinity for sure :thumb: All the vets are good with rabbits. I'm not fair from orpington and we can get there in about 15-20 minutes if the traffics good which it usually is apart from rush hour.

For out of hours they use a vets a little further away but i've been there twice and both times had pretty good vets.

Park Vets have a good reputation and they're open 7 days a week.

ETA - their main hospital is in Foots Cray but they have clinics all over the place - Chislehurst, Swanley, Longfield etc.

Last edited:
Back