• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Female rescue bunny wanted in East Yorkshire...can any rescues help please?

helen01

Warren Veteran
Sorry I'm not around a lot but our lives have taken a bit of a turn and we seem to be really busy at the minute. Sadly we lost our Poppy this winter, we are all heartbroken as she was such a special girl. It was a real shock as she was happy and healthy the night before and then gone by the morning :(:( My son, who was Poppys owner is really lost. He has tried to be brave about it up until today but we have had plenty of tears tonight.

We have been to look at the RSPCA and they had a beautiful bunny but unfortunately she has spinal issues and Buster would have been too much for her. We are looking for a wifey for buster. He is a very small dutch bunny...fast...loves mischief....is a messy bunny who just loves his hay...he was always very gentle with Poppy and he really loved her :love::love: He is 2 years old, neutered and vaccinated and is looking for a playmate.

Zak (my son) would love a baby rabbit as we have never had one before, he would also love a small(ish) one as a change from Poppy (she was a conti x)...but the bunny he fell for tonight was a large one so it really doesn't matter too much...we just want Buster to be happy. I would like a female as I'm nervous about bonding two males.

We live near Hull and can travel about an hour away. Bunny would be coming to live in a 6'x8' shed with a large run (24 hour access). We foster dogs and have chickens so although they do not mix a very timid bunny may be scared. Can any rescues help me please?

I'm so sorry you lost Poppy :cry:

I don't know the rescues in Hull, but it looks like Acomb have a couple in York:
http://www.acombrabbitrescue.org.uk/rabbits-available-for-adoption.html

Have you looked on Rabbit Rehome?

Thank you :) Yes, there's Zebedee and Pudding to choose from. Pudding is smaller than Zebedee, but they're both smaller than a conti! They're both very confident girls.

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?418862-Pudding-Single-Female-York

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?415700-Zebedee-Single-Female-York

Hull Animal Welfare Trust at South Cave have loads of bunnies needing homes! It's dead easy to get to, just off the A63. If you're interested pm me and I'll send you Linda's phone number, she runs the bunny section :) x

There is guinea pig and rabbit rescue in east hull. Will post website when i locate it. :)

Sent from my HUAWEI G510-0100 using Tapatalk

there is the hull RSPCA

RSPCA Hull & East Riding Branch
Clough Road, Hull, East Yorkshire, HU67PE
Tel: 01482 341331 / Email / Website

the south cave one which a poster has already mentioned of hull animal welfare.

then there is anothr one in east hull, and they run it out of their home. but for the life of me, i cant locate it. :cry:

Back