• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay in Stafford?

~Bell~

Young Bun
Hello:wave:
was just wondering where you guys in staffordshire get your hay from? I currently buy mine from a pet shop in town, he likes the hay, but it's rather pricey :oops:
Can anyone suggest a good place too get some, and that your buns approve of:D

I'm not local :lol: but I always recommend going to either a stables or equestrian supplies place and you can buy a bale of hay. Hay meant for horses is usually really nice, you can check to see if it smells nice and isn't mouldy or dusty. I'm sure if you can't store a full bale they might let you buy a portion of one :thumb: my rabbits eat much more hay now they are on the baled hay :thumb:

Hopefully someone local will reply too :thumb:

Hello:wave:
was just wondering where you guys in staffordshire get your hay from? I currently buy mine from a pet shop in town, he likes the hay, but it's rather pricey :oops:
Can anyone suggest a good place too get some, and that your buns approve of:D

Have you thought of buying your hay on-line? HayforPets and TimothyHay both sell excellent hay - and do sample packs.

I'm not local :lol: but I always recommend going to either a stables or equestrian supplies place and you can buy a bale of hay. Hay meant for horses is usually really nice, you can check to see if it smells nice and isn't mouldy or dusty. I'm sure if you can't store a full bale they might let you buy a portion of one :thumb: my rabbits eat much more hay now they are on the baled hay :thumb:

Hopefully someone local will reply too :thumb:
Thanks:) that was my idea, I 5 horse& a donkey but they have haylage, and as far as I know it's not good for buns. I'm hopping someone local can advise on somewhere to get the hay from :)

Have you thought of buying your hay on-line? HayforPets and TimothyHay both sell excellent hay - and do sample packs.
Thanks, I have thought about that, but My parent aren't keen on buying online. I managed to persuade them awhile ago to buy some bedding a couple of months ago, but it was horribly mouldy, so I'm not aloud to anymore :roll:

We are the other side of stoke to you but we get our bales of hay from Wheelock farm shop near Sandbach. This is probably a bit too far for you though. I'd try contacting any farms with a farm shop attached and call them to ask if they sell bales of hay. What about asking Amerton farm or canalside farm??

Back