• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sheffield/Dronfield Vet recommendations

dumblepaws

Mama Doe
Hello

Wondering if anyone had any Sheffield Vet recommendations (for bunnies) - I'm currently using Peak Vets in Woodseats as they're local, and they seem pretty competent with routine stuff - but it would be good to get some recommendations that aren't too far away 't the event i had any serious or complicated bunnies/health issues

I'm particularly interested if anyone has experience of Ark vets in Dronfield (also in Killamarsh) as they're also pretty near and one of their vets (Ian Lowe) is RWAF recommended

Or any other bunny savvy vets in the south west sheffield area

thank you!

:wave: Sorry didn't want to read and run, I'm from the north of sheffield, so not much use :lol:

Thanks biscandmatt1! And hi zoobec (waves across hills!)
Ark are looking promising as on both rwaf and rcvs lists but any recommendations still would be super appreciated

If I'm on my own in this little corner of Sheffield, am thinking of talking to both current and ark vets and maybe some of the abbeydale road ones to ask them what their experience of complicated bunnies is and seeing which feels right...

But if there's is someone from round here with a great vet and complicated bunnies please let me know!

Thank you!

I did go to Ark at killamarsh with our bearded dragon when he was impacted as they were recommended as the best vet for lizards, and they were excellent. I know it's a completely different animal :oops::lol: but I was very impressed :thumb:

I found a recommendation on here for wildbore vetstop in worksop when I moved to Sheffield so my guys are registered there even though it's half an hour away! :lol:

So far impressions are good, all 4 got a free check up when I registered them and they seemed pretty confident with them. I haven't had to use them properly yet, but I have an appointment first thing tomorrow as my giants arthritis is playing up again I think :(

Just wanted to say hi Kathy! :wave::wave::wave:

I'll ask on my Facebook page too for you.

Helen

Hello! Thank you so much for all your help and advice today. Really hoping this all works out and we can make a difference to this little guy :)

Hele said:
I found a recommendation on here for wildbore vetstop in worksop when I moved to Sheffield so my guys are registered there even though it's half an hour away!

I'm hearing really things about Wildbore, but would be 45mins from me and seems a long way to travel with bunnies who really don't like travelling - so hoping to find one a bit closer as a main vet. They're definitely the one for if i ever feel i need a second opinion though! Hope your giant's feeling better soon

Zoobec said:
I did go to Ark at killamarsh with our bearded dragon when he was impacted as they were recommended as the best vet for lizards, and they were excellent. I know it's a completely different animal but I was very impressed

They (well, the dronfield branch) are currently my frontrunner - I've got a shortlist of 5 from the RCVS list which I'll be phoning over the next few days to find out about their experience and get a feel for who sounds most right
Some of them also train vet nurses which i think is good (?) as that gives me a feeling they're interested in learning

thank you everyone so far! Anyone else, pleasepleaseplease add recommendations/opinions - really want to get things right for this little dude :)

I use peak vets on woodseats and ive never had a problem. I took my jed there the other day for a teeth check and he was really calm and the vet was good with him. I called that day to make an appointment and got one same day. He also had his boy bits done there and they was great with him. He dosent do well under anesthetic and they were very understanding and actually listened to what I was telling them.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Back