• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Foraging in a neighbour's garden?

Kirotea

Mama Doe
I've noticed a neighbour's garden has become a bit overgrown and there's some massive dandelion leaves in it. It's at the side of their house just at the edge of the path round the estate, there's no fence etc. I know it's free from dog wee and they've obviously not treated it with anything. I'm tempted to go round and ask if they mind me taking some dandelion leaves but worried I'll sound like a nutter or they'll think I'm being a nosy neighbour pointing out it's a mess! They're trying to sell their house and it's a youngish couple but they don't seem to bother much with the garden. I'd almost be tempted just to pick some but it feels rude to go on someone's garden even if they're not looking after it! Would you go round and ask them? There's a big field full of them at the front of mine but loads of dogs are walked there. :?

I've noticed a neighbour's garden has become a bit overgrown and there's some massive dandelion leaves in it. It's at the side of their house just at the edge of the path round the estate, there's no fence etc. I know it's free from dog wee and they've obviously not treated it with anything. I'm tempted to go round and ask if they mind me taking some dandelion leaves but worried I'll sound like a nutter or they'll think I'm being a nosy neighbour pointing out it's a mess! They're trying to sell their house and it's a youngish couple but they don't seem to bother much with the garden. I'd almost be tempted just to pick some but it feels rude to go on someone's garden even if they're not looking after it! Would you go round and ask them? There's a big field full of them at the front of mine but loads of dogs are walked there. :?

I'd knock the door and ask :L just explain that the rabbits would love them, they may laugh but at least your buns will be happy :D

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk

Ask :) Worst case they say no and they are moving anyway so they won't have a crazy neighbour for long ;)

Besides, I don't think it's that crazy sounding to ask for dandelions for a rabbit - unless you do it whilst wearing bunny ears :lol:

Ask :) Worst case they say no and they are moving anyway so they won't have a crazy neighbour for long ;)

Besides, I don't think it's that crazy sounding to ask for dandelions for a rabbit - unless you do it whilst wearing bunny ears :lol:

DO IT WHILE WEARING BUNNY EARS...PLEASE :lol: :lol:

If they say no, then just sneak round there when it's dark and take them anyway ;) I doubt they would say no, my neighbours have already started bringing veg that they aren't going to eat round to me :lol:

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk

I would just pick them - I eat unwanted fruit from my neighbors trees so picking some weeds wouldn't be much different - BUT I'd be paranoid about chemicals even if it were unlikely, so I'd ask if I could have them for my bunnies and whether they had their lawn sprayed or anything, just in case.

Very true, although they've priced it too high and have billed their bit of overgrowth at the side of their house as a proper garden, so they could be here for awhile yet!!

I don't have any bunny ears, but I've got a bunny jumper! :lol:

I would go and ask them and explain that its good for the rabbits as dogs havent been there. Good luck. Wear the rabbit jumper :lol:

Yeah just go and ask!

I would just pick them - I eat unwanted fruit from my neighbors trees so picking some weeds wouldn't be much different - BUT I'd be paranoid about chemicals even if it were unlikely, so I'd ask if I could have them for my bunnies and whether they had their lawn sprayed or anything, just in case.

That would be trespassing. I would go absolutely mental if a neighbour just wandered into my garden and started helping themselves.

Back