• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Attn all Caring for Rabbits With Respiratory/Cardiac Problems

Yes, I panicked as soon as I heard about this as my Wally has severe respiratory problems.

He's coping fine so far, but I am watching him even closer than usual.

On my local news this morning it said that for our area, the air isn't too bad at the moment, but there's a chance that it could get worse later today.

I was selfishly thinking about me. I got my first half marathon sunday & it will be hard if my asthma isn't playing:?

I was selfishly thinking about me. I got my first half marathon sunday & it will be hard if my asthma isn't playing:?

After worrying about Wally, my next thought was Sheffield Half on on Sunday. It should be clear again by then. :D

Bunnies were my first thought too this morning. We're in Sussex and the air feels heavy, and altho my two don't have respiratory problems, Tia had a rattly chest for a long while when we first got her, not bad enough to ned treatment, but bad enough for the vet to monitor, she's been clear a while now, but she has slowed down over the last couple of days, so I think I'm going to book her in for a quick check of it, just to be safe, I'd rather pay the £15 to have her checked than have her suffer.

I guess that the fact they're so low to the ground is a good thing ?

Coltsfoot has had to go to the vets this morning with a respiratory rattle - I wonder if its linked? Although tbh his health is not great anyway and he never sets foot outdoors.

Back