• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

2 barc bunnies need your vibes please ..SAD UPDATE post 16

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
I have two (unrelated / un connected ) poorly babies here .

one has a severe respiratory infection ... the other has sudden paralysis of her hind legs ..

I think I will have to make a heartbreaking decision for the second one this evening ... she is getting worse . :(

Last edited:
Everywhere I go, I keep reading about buns suddenly becoming paralysed. Like 2 or 3 a day! :?
There are lots of causes for floppy rabbit syndrome and 1 of them can be caused by a parasite. I hope there's not an epidemic going round.

Have you tried the tomato juice? It's intensive therapy every half an hour because if they lose function in the throat muscles too, the outcome is not good as they can't swallow. Some people I've been following are reporting back that their rabbits are eating again within hours and moving about normally within about 3 days after syringing the tomato juice.

Hope everything works out for them.

Everywhere I go, I keep reading about buns suddenly becoming paralysed. Like 2 or 3 a day! :?
There are lots of causes for floppy rabbit syndrome and 1 of them can be caused by a parasite. I hope there's not an epidemic going round.

Have you tried the tomato juice? It's intensive therapy every half an hour because if they lose function in the throat muscles too, the outcome is not good as they can't swallow. Some people I've been following are reporting back that their rabbits are eating again within hours and moving about normally within about 3 days after syringing the tomato juice.

Hope everything works out for them.

it wasn't floppy rabbit syndrome ... it was likely the result of being trampled while a tiny baby in the nest . :( .. the injury may have caused a break that tried to heal but as baby got bigger and got binkying around the nerve in its spinal cord may have become trapped .
we know baby got trampled as it had a badly damaged eye when it arrived from this .

sadly there was nothing we could do ... we have had to help her to Rainbow bridge.

:(

Back