• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice about new bun

countrybumkin

Warren Scout
As some of you may have read on Saturday I picked up a new bunny who I am going to bond (hopefully) with Poppy. He is here for a week before I start bonding on Sunday.

I'm beginning to get quite nervous about him/the situation. I think this is because of the idea of bonding him with Pop's on Sunday and I'm quite worried about it and I'm therefore over thinking everything.

He's the opposite of Poppy, she is lively, into everything, a big foody and just a general character. He seems very shy and reserved and a little nervous. To be fair as I type he is flopped out in the middle of the living room but he's very shy at the same time. I'm also worried about his diet. He is not big into food, he eats his pellets fine, not quickly but fine however he's shows little to no interest in hay. This is worrying me for two reasons; 1 poppy is big into food and eats everything straight away so how to I make sure he gets his share when their together and 2 he's not eating hay so how do I get him to?

This is him tonight;

IMG_0452_zps6afd5db5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I've decided to book him in at my vets for a full health check on Saturday before I introduce him to Pop's on Sunday, I think that will make me more confident!

Sorry for the rant I'm just over thinking it I think!?!?!

he is lovely, does he have abit of a runny nose? or is that just the pic?

have you got a neutral space to introduce, hope all goes well

I would give him at least another week to settle in before introducing him to Poppy. What a gorgeous couple they are going to make.

Have you read through the millions of excellent bonding threads on here? There is so much knowledge on here, its amazing.

Best of luck when you do bond.

Back