• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hand held hoover

LittleEskimo

Mama Doe
Does anyone have any recommendations for a hand held hoover?

Since having the buns in the room for one night I can already tell getting the big hoover out all the time is going to be a huge hassle. It's only a small room so a hand held would be perfect.

Anyone know one that is good at picking up hay and what not?

I have no advice but want to hear people's recommendations. Would be so useful for the mouse cage and the stairs!

I'd be interested too. Be useful to have a hoover for the bun-sheds, especially at moulting season!

I have a Dyson handheld hoover for the house, it is absolutely fabulous and I don't know how I ever lived without it, but I think at over £200 it's far too expensive for just a bunny hoover :lol:

I have a "Hoover Jovis Cyclean"
It was half price at £35 in Argos, its not very loud, and i use it to clean up after my two :)

I've got http://www.amazon.co.uk/Black-Decker-DV7210N-Cyclonic-Dustbuster/dp/B004RCNRXE/ref=sr_1_3?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1396273194&sr=1-3&keywords=dustbuster which is really good. I do still have to pick up long strands of hay by hand though as they just block up the filter, it's great for picking up poos and stray fur though. I do a quick whizz round downstairs with it everynight and put it back on it's dock and i've not had it run out of battery on me. I find I need to empty it every few days bit it's really easy to empty, just shake it out over the bin. It's not too loud either, my bun isn't fussed by it, he follows me around with it!!

I have a "Hoover Jovis Cyclean"
It was half price at £35 in Argos, its not very loud, and i use it to clean up after my two :)

So glad I came across this thread. I have just reserved this hoover. It's half price here in Ireland too. Woohoo :)

Can you tell me does it have a pointy nozzle attachment to get through bars and into corners etc ?

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

So glad I came across this thread. I have just reserved this hoover. It's half price here in Ireland too. Woohoo :)

Can you tell me does it have a pointy nozzle attachment to get through bars and into corners etc ?

It has a flat detatchable nozzle, that just slots either into the hoover, or back into the dock :) want me to take a picture of mine for you to see?

It's not a hand-held but I can't sing the praises highly enough of the Gtech Air Ram :thumb::thumb::thumb:. Waaaaaay better than my Dyson Animal.

It has a flat detatchable nozzle, that just slots either into the hoover, or back into the dock :) want me to take a picture of mine for you to see?

Oh yes please if you don't mind ? Is it good also for getting bunny hairs out of carpets and mats etc ? I'm just sick of dragging the big hoover all the way downstairs every time I want to do a spot clean.

I'm not bothered about it picking up hay ... it's more for picking up all the hairs that build up around the bars of their enclosure and on their carpet tiles etc ...

Oh yes please if you don't mind ? Is it good also for getting bunny hairs out of carpets and mats etc ? I'm just sick of dragging the big hoover all the way downstairs every time I want to do a spot clean.

I'm not bothered about it picking up hay ... it's more for picking up all the hairs that build up around the bars of their enclosure and on their carpet tiles etc ...

I'm not sure about picking up fur, mine don't seem to lose any, presumably because they're only 9 weeks old? It does pick up other little bits that get stuck to my rug, and my welcome mat etc :)

sa6uzu6y.jpg

raqugaje.jpg

muha7ede.jpg

And this is how much it doesn't bother my girls..
nubaqu6a.jpg

They were like that when I just turned it on, and are still like it now :lol: :love:

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk

I forgot the retractable brush :)

suqusu4e.jpg

I'm not sure about picking up fur, mine don't seem to lose any, presumably because they're only 9 weeks old? It does pick up other little bits that get stuck to my rug, and my welcome mat etc :)

sa6uzu6y.jpg

raqugaje.jpg

muha7ede.jpg

And this is how much it doesn't bother my girls..
nubaqu6a.jpg

They were like that when I just turned it on, and are still like it now :lol: :love:

Thanks for that :) the nozzle looks perfect and your buns look so relaxed !!!

Thanks for that :) the nozzle looks perfect and your buns look so relaxed !!!

It is a really good little handheld, and I only charge it overnight every couple of weeks :)

Haha they really were. They've been flopping down all over the place today :lol:

It is a really good little handheld, and I only charge it overnight every couple of weeks :)

Haha they really were. They've been flopping down all over the place today :lol:

Looking forward to getting it. How sad am I ? Lol ... getting excited over a cleaning device.

Will leave a little review later in the week xx

Looking forward to getting it. How sad am I ? Lol ... getting excited over a cleaning device.

Will leave a little review later in the week xx

I get excited about the same things don't worry :D
I bought a new mop the other week and got so excite about using it :lol:

I get excited about the same things don't worry :D
I bought a new mop the other week and got so excite about using it :lol:

Lol :) I'm not alone so !!!

Mine don't seem to bad for hair, it's more hay that they just seem to drag all over the place :lol:

I will look into getting it :thumb:

Back