• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My wetlands

William

Wise Old Thumper
It's poured buckets for hours on end in the last few days and now my wetlands is full of water! :D pretty cool looking. I hope none of the animals living in burrows have lost their homes due to the water though - they do generally have them in the more elevated areas so hopefully not.

You can sort of see a couple of cypress knees here. I love cypress knees, so cool looking

Some of the more elevated areas

I could only be gone a few mins cuz I had the ducks in the main part of the house and so my mom was having to babysit (being imprinted, they kinda have separation anxiety). Later when I put them in the pen I'm going to explore and see if I can find anything new! Maybe an alligator or some water snakes or something :lol:

Last edited:
Looks like a pretty rain forest. Watch out for those alligators. Yuck. Other wise I'd be trudging around out there in boots checking it out.:D

Yeah on the one hand seeing an alligator would be cool (seen them in the wild and in residential ponds obviously but never in my yard!) but then I wouldn't really want one in my yard unless it was inside a fence as it'd eat my pets and any wildlife it could catch.

Wish I had some boots, I'll just have to trek through it in flip flops:lol:

Back