• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bobby saw a cat .....

luna

Mama Doe
This morning at 9 am. It was outside on the window looking in and since then Bobby has refused all food and is ignoring everyone. I am worried now and afraid that he is going into gi stasis. We are going to feed him critical care soon if he doesn't start eating. I have seen him reaching down for caecals so that is a good sign isn't it ?

How am I supposed to let him out in the garden this summer if he reacts so badly to seeing a cat from afar and on the safety of our kitchen. We have numerous cats in our neighborhood so I don't know if I can let them out at all now.

To think I was going to be adopting a cat afew weeks back. Why are rabbits so sensitive? Bobby gives me scares every few weeks with his health and I'm sick of being worried all the time. So much for a nice mothers day :(

Sorry for the rant xx

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

I've more or less stopped all cats from coming into the garden now - they see them as an enemy and some cats would be. Rabbits can get into a state of alarm and it takes ages for them to calm down. Bobby will be all right soon xx

Thanks for the reassurance. I don't have a good feeling though. He is stomach pressing and doing a lot of shifting around and some tooth grinding :(

Last edited:
If he hasn't eaten since 9am and is making those signs of being in a lot of pain then I do think you need to consult a vet. He'll need medication, particularly pain relief.

I wouldn't syringe feed him until a blockage has been ruled out.

I think there's more at work here than just seeing the cat.

If he hasn't eaten since 9am and is making those signs of being in a lot of pain then I do think you need to consult a vet. He'll need medication, particularly pain relief.

I wouldn't syringe feed him until a blockage has been ruled out.

I think there's more at work here than just seeing the cat.

That's what I was thinking. You see I was in bed when all this happened and I don't think my husband would have noticed if Bobby was off before the incident although he insists Bobby was pottering around and when he saw the cat he ran under the couch and has not been the same since. This kind of thing ( stomach pressing and not eating)happens almost once a month , I usually make an appointment and by the time evening comes round he perks up and is eating again.

We gave him critical care and he did two normal looking poops straight after but is still not looking happy. Our emergency vets are clueless when it comes to small pets. Oh why has this happened on a Sunday :(

I have infacol. Could this help and if so how much should I administer?

I have never used infacol but hope Bobby is soon back to his usual self. Perhaps start a thread enquiring about infacol.

Back