• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Brian's Gone :-(

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
We have no idea what is wrong. He had a sudden onset of what can only be described as blind terror. He literally went mad, throwing himself at the walls, charging about screaming and seemingly completely 'out of it'.

Until we can do a more thorough examination all we could do initially is sedate him. Otherwise he would have probably fatally injured himself or gone into cardiac arrest

In all my years of keeping Rabbits I have never witnessed anything like this. I never want to again, it was horrific

:cry:

If he returns to the same state after the sedation wears off he will be PTS

:cry:

ETA- It may all be related to his adrenal tumour :cry:

Last edited:
Oh poor Brian :cry: but wasn't he just outside yesterday for pictures? :cry: Could a bug have come in with him on his fur and stung him?
Sending massive amounts of vibes and prayers for him. xxxxxxxxx

Oh my goodness Jane, how awful and scary.
Vibes for Brian and I hope you are ok too must have been quite a shock :(

100% certain it was not the result of a sting. It is very likely to be the result of the effects of the adrenal tumour. These can start too produce far too much cortisol than the brain can cope with which causes severe anxiety amongst a myriad of other things :cry:

Poor little man I was looking at the photos of him yesterday in the long grass. I really hope that when he comes round he's much better. :(

100% certain it was not the result of a sting. It is very likely to be the result of the effects of the adrenal tumour. These can start too produce far too much cortisol than the brain can cope with which causes severe anxiety amongst a myriad of other things :cry:

:( x

Back