• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

In a really difficult situation and do not know what to do- can anybody help please?

RogerRabbit999

Mama Doe
Some of you may know that my house bunnies are currently with mrsbunnykins following the ceiling coming down in their room. Mrsbunnykins needs them collecting on thursdsy at the latest and as yet building work hasnt even commenced in their room. I am also struggling to find boarding because of easter approaching. Is anybody able to foster these bunnies(dont have to all stay together) for a maximum of a further 2 weeks from thursday. They are a bonded male partner (both special needs), a mum and 9 week old kit, a single male, and a single male. It isnt safe to bring them home and have no other space to put them in as have still got much needier housebuns with me that cant be moved. Am absolutely desperate. Can anybody please help? As i said nobody has to take all 5 together as i know this is a lot to ask. Any suggestions or thoughts would also be much appreciated. Many thanks to anyone who may be able to help. X

What area are you in? I can't remember but I have a feeling you are too far away from me. Can't check as using Mobile ru so can't see profiles.

If not too far for you I'd gladly look after them all for you for a while. I don't drive though so youd need to get them here.

When is building work due to start? I'm presuming it's a plaster ceiling? Knocking out what's left (messy but easy), stapling some plastic sheeting to the support beams to keep any dust down (you can probably get away without if it's fairly clean) and cleaning out the room would make it temporarily habitable. You could then get the work done post Easter with them in boarding.

What area are you in? I can't remember but I have a feeling you are too far away from me. Can't check as using Mobile ru so can't see profiles.

If not too far for you I'd gladly look after them all for you for a while. I don't drive though so youd need to get them here.

Thankyou where abouts are you? X

Oh no.. what a situation to be in! I really wish I could help as you've helped me out so much with mine. But as you know, I can't have indoor rabbits and I've already had to put mine outside, now that Bertie's better and it's warmer again. Just a thought as a temporary solution but is it possible to divide up one or more of your other lovely bunny rooms into two so you could house another one or two rabbits in there?

Really hope someone can help...
xx

Could Claire who runs The Bunnery at Abberley in Worcestershire help out? It is not indoor in a house accommodation, however bunnies are housed in a warm, dry and safe environment in a portacabin. I have used Claire's services before for my gang so I can personally recommend her services.

I think, even though people like to help, a small incentive would be more likely to bring people forward.
As a lot of people are struggling for space and money as it is, it's highly likely most people can't help. Those that have the space and who are willing are probably going to be boarding services but you'll have to pay.

I thinj what Tamsin said was a good idea too.

Tracy (RGPW) was my first port of call, because she is within walking distance of me, and I could have still visited them and helped look after them, but Tracy is fully booked until after Easter.

Fat Fluffs, I have lost count of the number of times I have phoned, emailed, text them, but have still had no reply.

Tamsin's suggestion would have been perfect, had the house not been sold and we are moving on the 20th May, so can't really delay on repairs just in case any other problems are encountered, as could jepordise the whole chain then, and really don't think my nerves could stand this kind of stress :roll:

I have contacted loads of other boarding places, but with Easter fast approaching, many are fully booked until afterwards.

Even if I could find and afford boarding for these 5 buns, that would be at a considerable cost to the bun I adopted last September, and who I wasn't told the 'real' story, as within a couple of months it became quite apparent that he certainly wasn't comfortable and ok to live as he was, and although he is insured, as are all my buns, I did have to disclose his condition and injuries, which are now excluded, and so have had to save up the £800 myself :shock:.

It would just break my heart to now have to use Scooter's fund (you know who I am talking about Mrs B, having met this absolutely fab bunny :love:) and deny him the chance to be able to even just lay down and sleep comfortably, for another lengthy period of time, and so the buns will have to return to mine on Thursday, and that's as far as I've got to be honest, not helped by the fact that Buster has fractured his pelvis, and cannot be moved or have buns in with him :roll:

Rogerrabbit666, google small animal boarding, click on Warwickshire and quite a few bunny boarding places will show up. One of which is called.....Hoppy Holidays!!!!!!! I am the original one though, started back in 2002.
This Hoppy Holidays looks pretty good....worth a try, if not them there are a good many others that may appeal.

Sorry to pressurise you, but do need my bunny room for new boarders on Friday this week.

http://www.findpetboarding.com/smallpetboarding/uk/england/west_midlands/west_midlands/

http://www.findpetboarding.com/smallpetboarding/uk/england/west_midlands/warwickshire/

http://www.findpetboarding.com/smallpetboarding/profile/9430

Last edited:
Hi there, we could help out :) (www.vipiggies.co.uk)

We're almost full and we're getting bookings for Easter coming in every day, but we have space from Thursday and until after Easter.

We might be a bit far for you though.

Kind regards

Tracey

Have you tried both Bunny Hops boarding in Duston, Northampton, or Marilans in Kingsthorpe, Northampton. I've used both establishments and can recommend them. Both cater for houserabbits. Tracy would have been my first port of call for special needs bunnies but as she's full then that's a non-starter. But Bunnyhops in Duston use the Cat and Rabbit Care Clinic so your special needs bunnies would still get to see Simon.

Back