• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

they hate each other :-(

sparklefairy

Wise Old Thumper
I think that storm is intent on being a grumpy old loner for the rest of his days. Every time aurora goes near him he bites or attacks :cry: I am so upset. I just wanted him to have a friend. I thought I was doing the right thing. Storm was lonely and depressed. Aurora was lonely after her partner died. I thought we could mend two broken hearts.

It is all a mess :cry: it wasn't supposed to be like this. Gypsy wasn't supposed to die. It was always gypsy and storm. I can't get used to this :cry: aurora is gypsys double. It is weird. I called her gypsy yesterday. I am an idiot.

I can't stop crying :cry:

I might have to. I feel so useless. Storm has really surprised me. He is usually such a gentle giant but he is so aggressive towards poor little aurora. He has shocked me a little. The first meeting was proper fur flying and rolling :shock: the second meeting there was chasing and fur pulling but they did sit side by side when my baby woke up crying. Every meeting since the first thing storm does is bite a mouthful of fur from aurora :cry: poor little girl.
She is in a pen in storm's room and they calmly lay side by side against the bars but touching each other.

Storm doesn't seem depressed anymore. After gypsy died he just lay there un interested in anyone or anything. He is definitely more aninated and has a bit more spark back. Aurora seems quite chilled out and relaxed.

I just wish that they could live together and be happy

I think getting a local rescue to help bond would take a heap of stress you don't need off you.

its stressful enough bonding in itself, without bonding while having to watch your brand new wee baby.

sending you lots of hugs and relax vibes xxxxxxx

You aren't in the right frame of mind to bond, with both your grief for Gypsy and considering all I've been reading, baby too!

Speak to a rescue to do it for you, be better for everyone involved.

I am not sure which rescues are local to me. It does sound like the easy option. I have never had so much trouble with bunny bonding before, I guess I had more time on my hands over 8 years ago though:?
Gypsy was a right madam with storm. There was a time I thought that they would never be friends. The fact that they went on to become the most loved up bunnies gives me hope. Aurora is not gypsy but just for storm to tolerate her would be a start.

My head and heart still hurt over gypsy. The fact that aurora is her double is bitter sweet. It certainly was not planned. But since when did life ever go to plan??

I feel bad about aurora being in a pen. She was not supposed to be in there long tern does anyone know what would happen if bunnies swapped places on alternate days? Would this make the room more of a shared territory?

What about letting them meet in a space bigger than a bath tub or small bathroom?
What about a large run outside? They can't chase each other forever surly :?

I have no idea what I am doing anymore :cry:

I am rubbish

Silly bunnies!!

Swapping to allow more space for them in turn sounds like a sensible idea.

Dont worry about it. Just contact some rescues and take it from there.

It is not easy grieving for one loved one while welcoming another.

Lots of calm, happy rabbit vibes and relaxed rabbit mummy vibes to you all. xxx

Back