• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Another Trip Down Memory Lane *NOW CONTAINS GRAPHIC IMAGES OF AN INJURED RABBIT*

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Geoffrey who was brain damaged

Picture1714.jpg

Ruffles, signed over to a Rescue at the age of 12

rabbits525.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Rupert, aged about 9 and left to starve to death with several other Rabbits

Scan10002_tmp-1.jpg

Alysia, chemical burns caused by a vile Back Yard Breeder. She was also pregnant.

alysia1.jpg

Dr Finlay and Erin. Erin (the Himmie marked Polish) was from the same vile BYB as Alysia. Dr Finlay was signed over to a Rescue at the age of almost 11

Picture1732.jpg

Last edited:
Bless you for giving these beautiful bunnies a loving home xxx

They were all so lovely and so lucky to have found love and care with you :love:

Very moved by your bunnies stories Jane. I'm being over emotional, :oops: but Alysia's pic has brought tears to my eyes. Humans again. :censored::cry:

Thank heavens they found their way to you and knew love, peace and care. xx

Oh my...all those sweet senior bunnies... :cry: and I remember you mentioning Alysia before. Shocking doesn't begin to describe her treatment before coming to you. :(

You have been an angel to so many, Jane. What a big heart you have. :love: xxxx

Rescues do far more for Rabbits in need than I could ever achieve. I just hope that the small amount I have done made a difference to the specific Rabbits.

You have done a huge amount for rabbits Jane, and for us sharing your knowledge with us :thumb: those bunnies were so lucky to end up with you :love:

Such fortunate buns to have lived their final years with you.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

The cruelty of many bybs is just unspeakable.

Signing elderly rabbits over to rescue. How very sad.

How excellent for them that they had a forever home and company wherever appropriate.

:( Those burns are horrendous. Was is deliberate or an accident ? And if it was deliberate I hope they were prosecuted.

Beautiful bunnies. :love::love::love: Geoffrey is a gorgeous big boy. I know Miss Bunny Penny was in her 13th year, was she the oldest bunny you had ? Only asking as some of the bunnies you took on were elderly and hoped they got to spend a few good years with you.

:( Those burns are horrendous. Was is deliberate or an accident ? And if it was deliberate I hope they were prosecuted.

Beautiful bunnies. :love::love::love: Geoffrey is a gorgeous big boy. I know Miss Bunny Penny was in her 13th year, was she the oldest bunny you had ? Only asking as some of the bunnies you took on were elderly and hoped they got to spend a few good years with you.

The BYB could not be bothered to take Alysia to a Vet after she sustained a bite wound. Instead the BYB started putting a 'special powder' onto the wound which made it 100 worse, but she just kept applying it. C said that Alysia had what was effectively 'Chemical Burns' :cry: Her skin just fell away :cry:

Picture032.jpg

More details of her story (and my arrest!!) here:

It was a long story but basically the breeder said she would drop the theft allegation if I 'left the Rex in a box on her doorstep'
She did not want the other 3 Rabbits back, just Alysia because she was pregnant and the breeder thought she could make a bit of money out of her.........

Obviously I could not return a Rabbit to some who had caused her such neglect and suffering :cry: But neither could I risk further detention in Police Custody because my other Rabbits needed me to care for them.
I knew the RSPCA were investigating the Breeder so I thought the 'least worst' option was to hand her over to them in the hope that they would keep her safe.......

In one way I was wrong to remove the Rabbits from the Breeder. I did not know it at the time but the RSPCA were due to serve a warrant on her and close her down. But they could not do so because I removed some 'evidence'.
There were several other sources of 'evidence' that I had had to leave behind though.............
The RSPCA were not able to tip me off re the warrant due to Data Protection Laws.

By removing the four sick/injured Rabbits I actually probably made the situation worse as the Breeder could carry on doing the same thing and all the RSPCA could do was continue monitoring things.
But I could not just walk away from such a dire situation. In the eyes of the Law I was wrong, but IMO I had no other choice at the time. I had called the RSPCA on 3 seperate occassions. They went in but did not remove any of the injured Rabbits. They just served an order re getting the Rabbits seen by a Vet within 7 days..............................

I think of Alysia most days. I have no idea what became of her. The RSPCA would not tell me or my Vet (who was treating Alysia and another of the injured Rabbits)

:cry:

The oldest Rabbit I have had was Ruffles who was almost 14 when he passed away.

I think of Alysia most days. I have no idea what became of her. The RSPCA would not tell me or my Vet (who was treating Alysia and another of the injured Rabbits)

Oh Jane. I had no idea that you hadnt been able to keep Alysia. You poor love.

I let down one of my childhood rabbits very badly. I think of her most days too :cry:

Back