• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Would anyone rehome a giant? Update 1 year on

Karen's

Mama Doe
Hi everyone,
Just a tentative post to see if there is any interest.
I was chatting to my hairdresser today and her mum has a female continental giant who she admits she doesn't have time to look after properly. The bun is about 18months old, and lives outside, I don't know if neutered or vaccinated. But essentially the bun gets very little, if any, free range time so spends most of her time alone in her hutch. In other respects she is cared for. I asked if she thought her mum would give her give her away if she found a good home and she thinks she would, but naturally would need to ask her.
I'm just trying to find out if there may be a possible home for her, and if so, I will persue this further.

Last edited:
I wouldn't have thought you'd have any trouble finding her a home, giants (especially young single giants) are snapped up quickly. :wave:

I know someone too who has been enquiring about adopting a giant!!!!!! No, not me......I've got enough on my plate with Delilah!!!!:lol:

Thank you Sarah1989, and Mrs Bunnykins. I'll wait until after the weekend then maybe she's had time to mention it to her mum, then I'll text her. I'll update as soon as I hear from her.
Thanks again x

Would anyone rehome a giant?

By special request above!!

Here's the cute critter.

"My staff have moved my bean bag and made it uncomfortable....."

That's better!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update....
Well... I'm sorry mrs Bunnykins and Sarah1989... But I'm keeping her!!! :D
I'm so excited I could burst! Bunnies mum wasn't keen on letting her go to someone she didn't know, understandable I suppose, so I had a think and I'm going to try and bond her with one of my pairs, they are very laid back so I hope it will work. I've ordered my aviary run panels tonight, metal ones from dogrunpanels.co.uk, so nice and strong!
I'll post pictures when I get her, but it may be a few weeks while I get my aviary set up.
Thanks again for expressing an interest... Sorry I stole her :oops:

Update: she is here! :D She is a lovely big black English giant (so I'm told). She seems very relaxed and friendly, she has settled in tonight lovely, munching her hay, eating grass and dandelions, running through her tunnels and even did a few shaky head binkies! She has an attached run, which she didn't have before so has spent most of her time out in the run. I'm amazed how chilled out she is given she has moved house and had a car journey (which she hasn't done since she was a baby) I think she seems happy. I'll post some photos tomorrow.:D

Back