• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Feeling Guilty!!!

Freakinfreak

Alpha Buck
Had my feet operated on yesterday and I can't weight bear for long periods of time or a lot of on/off weight bearing such as up and down for cup of teas which is torture :(

However. I am sat in the front room with Neo yanking at, biting, scrabbling and sticking his head through the play pen.
He wasn't allowed out last night and he's obviously getting annoyed that I'm here but not letting him out.

I would, but he likes to jump onto the sofa and cause mischief and I don't have the strength today and REALLY don't want him jumping on my feet.
He will be out later when boyfriend can rearrange the front room...

I'm wondering if when we get him a girlfriend, will they be happier with being in the space or will I have double the bunny trouble with them getting angry they can't bounce around the front room?

Do they get into a routine where they know they'll be allowed out between 6-11? Or will they assume they will be allowed out at anytime?

The future holds three most likelies...

1. I move back home, Neo and wifebun live in the garden in a 6ft hutch with 6/8ft x 4ft x 4ft run. When I would be present, I would add the playpen to the run to add an extra 6ft x 6ft. Not safe for them to have the whole garden. It's impossible to rabbit proof and we have a tree with berries and other things that aren't safe.

2. I move out to a flat or other house, rabbits may have a room to themselves or if the flat is pretty much bunny proof, have total free range of Neo and wifebun (maybe hope of a quad!).

3. I move out with boyfriend into a room at his parents and Neo and wifebun should be allowed free range in room when we are in. Allowed pen range when we are out.

I wish I had my 'own' space and everyone else can shove their opinions on rabbits where the sun don't shine!

In the meantime, Neo is going a bit crazy rattling the pen... I feel so guilty :(

Had my feet operated on yesterday and I can't weight bear for long periods of time or a lot of on/off weight bearing such as up and down for cup of teas which is torture :(

However. I am sat in the front room with Neo yanking at, biting, scrabbling and sticking his head through the play pen.
He wasn't allowed out last night and he's obviously getting annoyed that I'm here but not letting him out.

I would, but he likes to jump onto the sofa and cause mischief and I don't have the strength today and REALLY don't want him jumping on my feet.
He will be out later when boyfriend can rearrange the front room...

I'm wondering if when we get him a girlfriend, will they be happier with being in the space or will I have double the bunny trouble with them getting angry they can't bounce around the front room?

Do they get into a routine where they know they'll be allowed out between 6-11? Or will they assume they will be allowed out at anytime?

The future holds three most likelies...

1. I move back home, Neo and wifebun live in the garden in a 6ft hutch with 6/8ft x 4ft x 4ft run. When I would be present, I would add the playpen to the run to add an extra 6ft x 6ft. Not safe for them to have the whole garden. It's impossible to rabbit proof and we have a tree with berries and other things that aren't safe.

2. I move out to a flat or other house, rabbits may have a room to themselves or if the flat is pretty much bunny proof, have total free range of Neo and wifebun (maybe hope of a quad!).

3. I move out with boyfriend into a room at his parents and Neo and wifebun should be allowed free range in room when we are in. Allowed pen range when we are out.

I wish I had my 'own' space and everyone else can shove their opinions on rabbits where the sun don't shine!

In the meantime, Neo is going a bit crazy rattling the pen... I feel so guilty :(

In that case you've answered your own question, definitely go for option 2. Maybe even move with your boyfriend to a flat/house? :wave:

In that case you've answered your own question, definitely go for option 2. Maybe even move with your boyfriend to a flat/house? :wave:

I wish I could, but I've not been working for the past month and may not find anything for many more. The amount it costs to rent around here is ridiculous, about £750 per month for a small one bed flat, not including bills.

It's cheaper to get a mortgage!

For now, the most likely options seem to be 1 and 2. It's so frustrating :(

At the moment I'm worried about him being shoved outside when moving back to my parents. I'd miss him SO SO SO much :(

Hi, Millie and Maddie have a pen and then free range when I'm in. They do know their routine in terms of bed time and they've never woken me up although I'm right next door, they sleep at night. They don't seem to mind if I put them away a bit earlier if I'm going out or something. But they do get restless if I'm actually there in the front room and they are in their pen, even if it's just to watch the end of a TV show before heading to bed. Could you go sit in another room maybe and then Neo wouldn't know you were there? He would probably calm down then until he can be let out later.

Back