• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A Trip Down Memory Lane

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
All now waiting at Rainbow Bridge

Uncle Albert

Jill, Timothy and Beatrice

Millie

Orlaith

David and Becks

Freya and Fred

Ronan and Jack

Felicity

Sarah

Lord Lopsley

Muirne

Major Tom

Aw Jane, such beautiful bunnies, all before my time on here I think - they must all be sitting together at the bridge chatting about what lovely lives they had with you xxx

They were all such stunning bunnies :love: thankyou for sharing, they're all from before my time on RU so I've never seen them before :love:

Must admit I shed a little tear seeing them again :) How lucky were you to have known and cared for all those beautiful buns and how lucky were they to have you,
Thanks for sharing x

Oh my goodness...how beautiful they all were. :cry: :love:
Lovely, lovely bunnies. :) What a blessing to have known them all. And of course I'm stuck on little Nomad...like Mimzy he is. :love:

A question Jane...can you tell me how Orlaith is pronounced? What a unique and beautiful name! :)
With my limited knowledge of Gaelic I'm guessing Muirne is pronounced "myoor-nee"? Probably I'm way off though. :oops:

Oh my goodness, I don't know any of these! :shock: all beautiful :love: but especially Nomad, Norman and Grandpa Gregory!! :love: :love: :love:

Oh my goodness...how beautiful they all were. :cry: :love:
Lovely, lovely bunnies. :) What a blessing to have known them all. And of course I'm stuck on little Nomad...like Mimzy he is. :love:

A question Jane...can you tell me how Orlaith is pronounced? What a unique and beautiful name! :)
With my limited knowledge of Gaelic I'm guessing Muirne is pronounced "myoor-nee"? Probably I'm way off though. :oops:

Here are the meanings and pronunciation of Orlaith and Muirne :)

Orlaith - http://www.babynamesofireland.com/orlaith

Muirne - http://www.babynamesofireland.com/muirne

Uncle Albert looks like he would have a lot to tell. Did he have a particular story?

He was taken into a Vets to be PTS because he was 'smelly'................ :roll: :cry:

The Vet got the owner to sign him over and then contacted a local Rescue who took him in. He was about 8-9 years old, emaciated, mite infested with secondary bacterial dermatitis and he had horrendous teeth :cry: The 'smell' was actually coming from his mouth as it was full of rotting teeth and pus :cry: The Rescue contacted me and asked if I could help him, so he came to live here.

These are a few more photos of him. Whilst bathing Rabbits is generally not a good idea Uncle A had such severe infection in his skin we had no choice but to do so.

Recovering after a couple of his numerous Dental treatments

With his friend Cerys

Out and about

Wonderful bunnies and wonderful names. :love::love::love: I only know a few, Fred, Nomad, Cerys and Aisling. Were these some of your bunnies before your time on RU ?

Back