• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Growing grass... argh!!!

Freakinfreak

Alpha Buck
I bought some Timothy Grass seeds from eBay about a month ago to give Neo some eating and digging space. Only a small tray but still enough to fit 2 Neo sized bunnies on.

This went badly because I didn't spread enough on the soil and so I aborted this attempt.
Second time, I ordered twice as many and it was going really well, 2 inch tall blades... But then some weird fungus white cobweb looking stuff started to grow on the grass.
Apparently, this is from overwatering... I only watered when it felt or looked dry so I'm really confused and angry with myself now!

Can anyone give me any suggestions at all please?
If I can't get it to work I'm going to give up :lol:

No idea what to suggest, but I can imagine how annoying it is. Perhaps you could grow some outside so that the rain does the watering?

Nose rubs to your gorgeous Neo x

I've tried growing different grasses inside and had the same results. It can't be done, I don't think. Or if it can, it must be really difficult.

The only grass I've ever successfully grown indoors is cereal grass, as it grows really fast.

No idea what to suggest, but I can imagine how annoying it is. Perhaps you could grow some outside so that the rain does the watering?

Nose rubs to your gorgeous Neo x

Thanks for not reading and running!
I may try again and use a spray bottle to spray once every other day or something.
I need to try again because I've ordered more... I am determined!!!!!!

He is too busy scrabbling in the bottom of his cardboard box to hear me :lol: also I have had foot operation so not allowed to weight bear to give him cuddles :(

I've tried growing different grasses inside and had the same results. It can't be done, I don't think. Or if it can, it must be really difficult.

The only grass I've ever successfully grown indoors is cereal grass, as it grows really fast.

Ahhhh, I hate grass... It grows so easy outside but when we try it, it doesn't even try to grow lol!

Back