• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help needed at Kirkby Pet Welfare

Hi,
I know many of you know Celia at Kirkby Pet Welfare but unfortunately she had a bad accident a couple of weeks ago and has been in and out of hospital. At present she is barely able to walk and volunteers are doing their best to try and help at the rescue. If any rescues have space for any bunnies or if anyone can take in a bunny then please let us know and E-mail me.

In particular there are special need bunnies, dental bunnies and oldies.

info@brinsleyanimalrescue.org

We are trying to whittle things down at the rescue urgently.

Thanks
Beth
x

Oh no, poor Celia :( I hope she is doing ok, I know she will hate being out of action.
I'm not even in the country at the moment so I can't help out but I hope you manage to sort things out ASAP.

No, she is not ok.:( The hospital want to keep her in for 4 weeks but she is insisting on coming out :roll:. She has a nasty break which they have operated on but will not be able to walk properly for weeks. She needs to think about whittling down the numbers of rabbits now and concentrate on her health and physiotherapy that she needs.

Sorry to hear about Celia. If she is wanting to downsize her numbers, it might be worth contacting the Blue Cross at Burford to see if they could take some of the bunnies that could be rehomed from there. They have been wonderful for emergency help on some large rescues we have done over the years and might on this occasion.

Let me know if you want me to talk to them.

Oh no :cry: I can take a couple if needed, I would prefer healthier ones so I can find them new home?

ETA, I can't get to her though as limited on time and I leave for Everest in a couple of weeks, if somebody is doing a run can they be dropped off at my vets for vaccination?

Poor Celia it must be incredibly stressful for her. I hope she is on the mend quickly.

Yes it is stressful and very frustrating for her. She's normally very active and not used to just sitting. I visited her on Sunday and she seemed in good spirit, but she desperately wants to get home.

She is fortunate in that she has a core of dedicated volunteers and good friends who are keeping the rescue running.

Sorry to see this news. :( I'm too far away to be of any use, but I send my best wishes to all who are rallying round, and also hope that Celia can be persuaded to take it easy when she is alllowed home.

Just updating to say that Celia is back home (with the permission of the hospital). :D

Although she is unable to be involved physically for the time being, she is running the rescue and co-ordinating her volunteers from the comfort of her living room.

She is mobile, but obviously she is having to be very careful while she fully heals so for the moment she is staying inside the house. She has been told that she must keep getting up to walk around to keep everything moving.

Back