• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Flea treatment ?

I never treat any animal for fleas unless I actually see a flea or they've been in contact with another flea-ridden animal. I don't feel comfortable covering them in chemicals unless absolutely necessary.

I never treat any animal for fleas unless I actually see a flea or they've been in contact with another flea-ridden animal. I don't feel comfortable covering them in chemicals unless absolutely necessary.
Found a single flea on my dog today so thought I should treat Bob as well, but I'm like you and not happy with chemicals :(

Found a single flea on my dog today so thought I should treat Bob as well, but I'm like you and not happy with chemicals :(

I could be wrong but I don't think dog fleas are the same fleas that like to live on bunnies. Or is this some old wives tale that I've heard and thought was true :?. But if they ARE one of the same, then in this situation, I would treat all animals in the same house, otherwise in a worst csse scenario, you could end up with an infestation :(.

I could be wrong but I don't think dog fleas are the same fleas that like to live on bunnies. Or is this some old wives tale that I've heard and thought was true :?. But if they ARE one of the same, then in this situation, I would treat all animals in the same house, otherwise in a worst csse scenario, you could end up with an infestation :(.
Went to see the nurse at the vets and she advised treating Bob so it must be the same flea ,it's all so confusing.
I've only had Bob a week and was waiting to get him vaccinated once he had settled in, but the nurse said fleas can carry myxomatosis so need to get him jabbed as well ......

Please do take veterinary advice on what product to treat your bunny with, though. Some of the products used to treat cats and dogs are extremely toxic to rabbits and can kill them, so it's really important to make sure that the one you're using is ok for bunnies.

Back