• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Exciting Breakthrough

Ailstar

Mama Doe
I have a hutch and a run that are seperate. (Not ideal I know, I realised after joining RU) I'm hoping to have them in a shed with run attached eventually.) anyway, every morning and night I obviously have to move Levi and Daisy between the hutch and the run. I do this by carrying them in a carrier. Up to now I have picked them up out of the run every night which is a massive faff especially when I've got the cover on for winter. I also don't like stressing them picking them up. But last night I got back late and they were sat by the little door in the run, so I decided to see if they would voluntarily go in the carrier if I opened the door and held it there. After a bit of investigating they both went in (Levi followed Daisy) I was SO excited! I tested it again this morning to see if they'd climb in the carrier out of the hutch. They did. (Excitement!) and finally the big test, would they do it again tonight and THEY DID!! :) :) very quickly as well both at the same time. I have somehow managed to end up with trained bunnies and this is going to make my life so much easier, plus I love the fact they are doing this voluntarily and I'm not in anyway stressing them out! :) :)

Just wanted to share!!

Brilliant :) This is the only way I could move Tango when he first arrived, not sure of his history but he would flinch if I went to stroke him, let alone pick him up!!

That's wonderful! They are very good about routines!

My rabbit goes into the bathroom to sleep on the bath mat at lights out time each night.

In the morning when I get up, he is waiting on "our" chair for me to get my cocoa and have snuggle time!

He comes to me each morning for his bite of dried sweet potato skin, and when my boyfriend comes in from work, he hops to the top level of his castle to make himself available for petting. They can be so cooperative.

I am glad your buns are making this easy on everyone.

Awesome! My first rabbit Baby, had her hutch at the back of the house, going through the kitchen, and was let out in my room to run around in the evening, and after a couple of years, taught herself to go back to her cage if we opened the door when it was time to go back.

I have Seperate runs aswell as we rent so need portable setups for the various moving. Fortunately they are all good to handle so I can just carry them but would be awesome if they did this as then I could do two at once!

I have Seperate runs aswell as we rent so need portable setups for the various moving. Fortunately they are all good to handle so I can just carry them but would be awesome if they did this as then I could do two at once!

Maybe just give it a go, I honestly didn't expect them to do it, I just thought I'd chance it, and lo and behold they are cleverer than I gave them credit for :)

Levi and Daisy don't mind being held but Levi I'm particular likes to give me the runaround when I have to actually pick him up.

Back