• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

At what age...

StarryEyedGirl

Young Bun
So we had an accidental litter. I took 3 of my does to be spayed and found out one was a buck. Shocked is an understatement as two of us checked 3 times.

One of the does was pregnant (pretty lucky as he had been around 4 unneutered does). She had a litter of 3 11 days ago. They are doing great and we will be keeping them all and neutering when old enough.

Does anyone know what age the kits can be properly handled, go in the run etc etc? They are picked up by me alone daily to check them over, make sure they are fed etc, Mom is fine with me, have had her since 8 weeks.

Just wondered when they are allowed to have more play time etc. I know obviously not yet as eyes aren't open or anything yet.

There's a link in the health part of the forum about raising kits- that should have the bulk of the info on it.

For playtime though, I would say after they start to leave the nest independently but only if mum is ok with that.

Back