• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is it okay to feed frozen vegetables?

KatP

Alpha Buck
Obviously once they have thawed fully :lol:

I only ask as I have just been given a bag of veg by my neighbour as she is going on holiday but there is no way I want to waste it. I was planning on freezing it for us but then wondered if it would also be any good for the bunnies?

I wouldn't feed it personally. I don't know if it would have possibility of upsetting tums?

Thanks for all the advice, looks like we will be eating lots of frozen veg but not the bunnies.

You'd probably be surprised how long it would keep fresh in the fridge, would that not give you enough time to feed to the buns.

I wouldn't feed frozen veg, but I do feed out of date veg.

I tend to blanche fresh veg before freezing (becuase the Reader's Digest cookbook tells me to!) so wouldn't give to Spenser from the freezer.

I agree that some veg keeps in the fridge beyond its official date (but don't tell Spenser!). :shock:

Yes, I thought that. I don't know exactly what happens, but it softens them up..

It's because water expands on freezing so the water within the cells breaks the cell structure when it freezes. That's why frozen soft fruits etc. go mushy.

Back