• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fundraising idea for rescues. What do people think?

Ailstar

Mama Doe
I wasn't sure what section to put this in and I'm not sure it strictly counts as fundraising, but I placed an order with the hay experts today and they now have a loyalty scheme where you get 1 point for every pound you spend on an order and these points then equate to money off future orders. I think 50 points equal £1 discount. I got £1.28 for a £64 order. You can then use these points yourself OR you can donate them to another person or a rescue. I was just thinking, if we all collected our points and then at the end of every month we could choose a rescue that we want to receive the points, and we could all donate our points to them. Or we have a co-ordinator to whom we all donate our points who then donates the whole lot. That way we would know how much money each rescue is getting. And if it's loads we could choose multiple rescues. This would enable the rescues to be able to place
Orders with the hay experts at no cost to themselves for food, hay or whatever they need.

Does this sound like something people would fancy doing?

I don't personally use the hay experts, but that sounds like a fantastic idea. Perhaps someone from pledge a pound could liase with them directly about people donating their points to them. Hopefully there's some way to work it, even if it's a case of people using their money towards a PAP wishlist. Pledge a pound would be able to divide the money equally - perhaps by saving for 6 or 12 months and setting up a bumper haul, or by a similar method to the way that they divide the monthly PAP takings.

I don't personally use the hay experts, but that sounds like a fantastic idea. Perhaps someone from pledge a pound could liase with them directly about people donating their points to them. Hopefully there's some way to work it, even if it's a case of people using their money towards a PAP wishlist. Pledge a pound would be able to divide the money equally - perhaps by saving for 6 or 12 months and setting up a bumper haul, or by a similar method to the way that they divide the monthly PAP takings.

I'm glad you think it's a good idea :) I don't actually know how pledge a pound works though...how do you go about contacting them?

I'm glad you think it's a good idea :) I don't actually know how pledge a pound works though...how do you go about contacting them?

PAP use the money they have and split it with 24 (I think it's 24) bunny rescues. They make money via monthly donations or various fundraisers. They split the winnings up equally - usually by donating £75 to 2-4 rescues per month and carrying over the rest to the next month. After a few donations to each rescue each year, they take all the earnings and split it equally near the end of the year so it's split totally equally. Last year they also did a fundraiser whereby they asked for donations of all sorts of items that a rescue might need and sent parcels out to each rescue, so PAP might want to store all the points up until the end of the year and split it like that or something.

The best person to contact on RU is Kermit, she sorts all the PAP stuff out on RU :D

Hopefully THE will allow the points to be donated to PAP!

I'd definitely be interested in donating my points to a rescue. I don't buy much from THE but we place an order every month for a few bits.
Maybe PaP could collect all the money/points for a year and then use it for parcels at xmas time or something?

Back