• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Finding it very tough to look for a new friend for Biscuit :(

GrahamL

Wise Old Thumper
I know I've said this before, but this is hard :(

Biscuit's actually okay, he's a lot brighter than he's been for over 12 months, think Ginger being so sick was actually holding him back a bit - he's cheeky, fast and has become quite friendly towards me.

I'm not looking with a real purpose right now, not until Joshua's had his heart check on 7th April, just looking.

I find I start, and can't remember what i'm looking for.

I don't want to adopt from a rescue a LONG way away, as i'm not sure i'll be able to bond them myself, or certainly if it goes **** up, need to return said bun.

Just don't know what to do really, bit of an odd thread really, just trying to get my feelings down.

Remember its not a replacement, its an extension to your little family. Ginger will always be part of that. Once you've gotten past that, you'll find it alot easier. ((HUGS))

I was thinking about Biscuit earlier today, wondering how he was getting on. :love: It's good that he is bright and lively. Is Biscuit's Gotcha Day next month? I think it is around the same time as Spenser's (22nd April).

Ginger was very special to you all and with Biccy currently content I can imagine it is a bit odd yet. Plus you have so much else to worry about. I'm sure if the right opportunity presents itself it will be when you feel more settled. :)

April 22 is Jenna's Gotcha Day too. :D

:( I can remember that feeling, it's horrid, especially when you come across a very similar looking bunny to what you've lost. I think you have to keep reminding yourself that they're all individuals, not replacements and Ginger will always be there in your heart, never forgotten.

If Biscuit is doing well, there is no rush. Fate quite often intervenes when you least expect it so concentrate on that lovely little boy of yours :love:. I am sure the right companion for Biscuit will make themselves known when the time is right. (Sorry I sound a bit like a horoscope :lol:)

:(

It helped me to focus on the fact that I would be giving another bunny a desperately needed home. It's so sad to see them all on the rescue pages looking for their forever homes.

And once you have them, you will fall for them too. I remember reading one of your threads - it must be a long time ago now - about how you'd just realised how you'd come to love Ginger. How really you just got her as a friend for Biscuit but hadn't expected to feel the same way about her as you did about him. But that at that moment you'd realised you loved Ginger for Ginger. It will be the same with a new bun when the time is right. And you'll remember and love Ginger separately too.

If Biscuit is doing well, there is no rush. Fate quite often intervenes when you least expect it so concentrate on that lovely little boy of yours :love:. I am sure the right companion for Biscuit will make themselves known when the time is right. (Sorry I sound a bit like a horoscope :lol:)

You read my mind!!!

Sending you, Biscuit, Mrs.G and of course Joshua......xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I think it is very tough finding a new friend, I haven't had it with rabbits yet, but I've experienced it several times with dogs :cry: as has been said I'd try to focus on the fact that a new bun will get their forever home, and the rescue will help another bun. I never think of them as a replacement, but as a new friend for the furry and for us. I've found in most cases I've found it a little hard to bond with the new one tbh, but that is mainly because with the dogs we were forced into getting another before we were ready, because of them :cry: I've found that I've bonded with the new one after a short time. I would just look at everybun out their no matter what colour, breed and size, and not try to have a fixed idea of what you want, maybe you will find somebunny who you just like :thumb:

I struggled when I lost Pumpkin. I couldn't bare to look. I then saw Luna looking for a home on Facebook and it felt like he had came to me. Best of luck x

It must be so hard but as the others said, There is no rush especially if Biscuit is happy within himself.
((Hugs)). I guess you will know when you see the one..like you did with Ginger! X

I can only imagine how hard it is... but just try to remember and tell yourself, when you find the right bun, you'll just know, can't explain it, but you will just know.

Back