• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ordered a new enclosure for my babies

Schtoffen

Mama Doe
This time next week we'll have moved to London :shock::shock:

I still can't believe it!

I've ordered one like this (can't find the exact image atm)

$_58.JPG

Hopefully they'll have enough room but if not we can modify it with the bits we've already got.

Oh dear, they will be sad not to be able to free range any more :(

I imagine you'll get some grumpy bunny butts for a while if they're used to being free range - mine sulk even when they're shut away while I vacuum! Hope the move goes well :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I've been looking at the actual dimensions of the panels and it should be very large! I'm planning on maybe unhooking the panels and using the wall as an extra side to make it even bigger! The only trouble is I don't know what to cover the floor with. They can't stay on the floorboards as they're old with lifting corners which will get nibbled (I wouldn't mind personally, but I'm renting! :lol:) I was thinking about sticking some sheets of lino together? I could use a rug but they'll eat it :roll:

Could you get a Lino offcut? Often they are sold off cheap when they aren't quite big enough to fit a room :wave:

Yes, I've heard this...

What do I do, though, do you literally just turn up to a lino store and ask for an off-cut? Sorry, I'm so thick!

Yes, I've heard this...

What do I do, though, do you literally just turn up to a lino store and ask for an off-cut? Sorry, I'm so thick!

:lol: You aren't thick. A lot will have them rolled up either outside or in the shop - if you don't see any though just ask whether they have any offcuts of Lino for sale, I'm sure they will (independent small shops are likely to be cheaper than the chain stores)

Our little local shop wanted £65.00 for a 10 foot by 6 foot piece :shock:

Luckily I got some free that was being thrown out.

That run looks great for them. How will you roof it?

Our little local shop wanted £65.00 for a 10 foot by 6 foot piece :shock:

Luckily I got some free that was being thrown out.

That run looks great for them. How will you roof it?

I've been wondering that too!!

I'm not sure... I'll have a look at it when it comes. They only really seem to jump over bars if there's something at the top they can land on. Little did once try to jump clean over some bars but it didn't go very well :lol::lol:

Perhaps just some kind of netting so that it looked un jumpable to stop Little trying?

It really does look great.

Yes. There's no risk of Fat Ted getting his great bum over that! You're probably right... I wouldn't put anything past her. I wonder what fabric would be best? Netting she might get her paws stuck in?

I got my lino for Will and Nancy's set up off ebay!

Might be worth a try if no luck with stores having off cuts.

The enclosure looks great and best of luck with the move.:love:

It's lovely! Will your bunnies try and jump out? I had mine in a 2ft high pen for ages and they never jumped out.

I got a huge bit of Lino from my local B&M if you have one near you? It was £35.

Back