• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How much do you......

Willowsmum

Mama Doe
Spend weekly on your rabbits veg :wave:

Sorry I know this is nosey but.......having 3 bunnies :love: I seem to be spending quite a bit on veggies :shock: and I was wondering if it's just me :lol: how much do you spend??

Hardly anything now, as one of my bunnies can't currently have any fresh veg as it's giving her a messy bottom. I slip Benni the occasional bit of veg when she isn't looking, but don't want her getting jealous!

Packet of spring greens, a savoy cabbage, green pepper, celery, basil, occasional spinach/parsley - so I guess that would about £6-£7 for two rabbits. I grow the rest of the herbs myself. How much do you spend?

I have 4 buns and I think I spend about 5 pounds a week on veg for them - having seen the other replies I'm feeling a bit stingy now!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

At the moment (but will be less in summer because I'll grow lots :thumb:) for 3 buns

2 bags cavlo nero £2.00
2 broccoli £1.20
2 packs baby sweet corn £2
1 pack green beans £1
1 spring greens or cabbage £1
1 bag rocket £1
Herbs, depends but about £2 ish?

Total £ 10.50 :shock: that quite a lot isn't it.....for 3 rabbits!

I have 4 buns and I think I spend about 5 pounds a week on veg for them - having seen the other replies I'm feeling a bit stingy now!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

See I don't know that you are! I think I'm maybe feeding too much :shock:

That's for 30 so compared to the rest of you I am the tight one! But they all get around 4-5 different veg a day

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Nah, I'm a tight one.... I spend £0 on them! :lol:

I don't feed veg, sometimes they get a bit of ours, broccoli stalk or a slice of carrot or parsnip but I feed it in tiny amounts. I don't really feed much other than pellets (small amount) and hay, I try to get a variety of nice hays for them and feed forage as treats with the odd fenugreek crunchie added in.

I live near some woodland now which seems to be mostly hawthorn and brambles so will get foraging as soon as the hawthorn is fully out :p I found an apple tree to, I won't really be able to get sticks since it's not mine but lots of leaves once it is actually in leaf!

about £10 ish. that's for bisc and two piggies maisie and eddie. it would be less for bisc because he only has thyme and coriander because he can't tolerate anything else. :wave:

About £5 a week for 14 Rabbits

I will soon be spending less as they are all now being re-introduced to grass after the winter break. Once they are on loads of grass/weeds they wont get much Veg at all.

I am very mean !! I just dont believe they need huge amounts of Veg if they have 'wild' food :)

Nah, I'm a tight one.... I spend £0 on them! :lol:

I don't feed veg, sometimes they get a bit of ours, broccoli stalk or a slice of carrot or parsnip but I feed it in tiny amounts. I don't really feed much other than pellets (small amount) and hay, I try to get a variety of nice hays for them and feed forage as treats with the odd fenugreek crunchie added in.

I live near some woodland now which seems to be mostly hawthorn and brambles so will get foraging as soon as the hawthorn is fully out :p I found an apple tree to, I won't really be able to get sticks since it's not mine but lots of leaves once it is actually in leaf!

This for me too :thumb: my lawn is mainly dandelions :oops: ive got sticky weed all over and we've got woodland behind too, but the goats are eating everything in there, but there's hawthorn and brambles in the wood opposite too :thumb:

Wow, I feel like Lola is really spoiled now :oops: I spend somewhere between £7 - £10 every 10 days on 1 rabbit :oops:

*hides*

That's for 30 so compared to the rest of you I am the tight one! But they all get around 4-5 different veg a day

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Just to add that they also get at least three different hays every day and a lot of them get dried herbs daily too :D

I think I probably spend a few quid a week on things just for them - some herbs, a bag of rocket or watercress usually and some celery I might have one stick of. Then the rest of the stuff they have is bits from veggies I've bought for myself - cauliflower leaves, bit of broccoli stalk, occasionally some spinach and carrot peelings. I bought some pak choi yesterday which I've not had before so we are all going to try it this week :)

Back