• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

You could use plywood, polycarbonate twin walled sheet or corrugated roofing sheets to board over some of the panels. I'd want to board one side completely to protect against wind and rain. It looks like two sides are totally covered up anyway which is great, but I'd probably want to cover a third in winter. In summer you can take them down :D

I have something similar. I have a hutch in the 'sleeping area' and not much in the way of insulation to be honest. My rabbits spend more time in the run no matter what the weather (although free to go in the garden during the day).

The run area - I have heavy duty Perspex sheets over 3/4 of the width of the run. I like this as the daylight can always shine through and the rabbits have chairs up against that side and sit on them to look outside :) It is up all year round and it does not get too hot at all. Plenty of ventilation. I prefer this to plywood which would prevent an outside view :)

I make windows for my runs out of clear pvc and eyelets - you can take them off or roll them up in summer. Because they are clear you can still see the buns, they get daylight etc but it keeps the rain out.

I always used cheap, plastic venetian blinds on the mesh part of my kennel. You can just angle the blinds to keep the rain out but there's still ample ventilation :thumb:.

Whatever you use make sure you leave a lot of gaps for ventilation, along the top, sides etc as if one part is covered you can get mould.

I don't cover all the sides so that there is still ventilation and I fit the windows so there is a small gap round the edge. Not enough to let much water in but enough for airflow.

Back