• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What do you have in your rabbit/piggie runs?

Amy & Amber

Staff member
I've been looking on line for a wooden hidey hutch, a tunnel and some other bits.

What do you have in your runs & where did you get them from?

Pet planet seem to be this best for run accessories :lol:

I regularly change mine about to try keep them stimulated. I have an under bed storage box minus lid which I fill with soil and they use it as a dig box. I have a few different tunnels. A wooden table, a kiddies deck chair a hide and a few jingle balls, rattle toys..
I get most of my stuff from amazon.

Digging boxes and their litter trays, cardboard boxes/storage boxes with cut out holes to make hides, those Willow sticks that you can bend to make a tunnel/hide, tunnels, planters turned into hay racks, bird feeders turned into herb racks, big plant pots filled with hay... occasionally Willow balls, grass mats... Need to get balls/baby rattles to throw... I try to vary it. :oops: cheap garden accessories in poundland are great. :thumb:

I used to fill it with toys, tunnels, cardboard boxes etc, but they just seemed to get in the way. So now them have just one toy and a tunnel, they seem grumpy if they have anymore in it.

In the two large runs there are green plastic tunnels, some ceramic pipe stuff from an old water feature as a tunnel, my old Quadro (a 'playground construction kit') for different levels, plastic plant pots, litter tray and hay rack (they prefer to dine al fresco!).

In the smaller rescue bun runs just the green plastic tunnels so they have more space. (All their toys are in the pens indoors).

My run is indoors, it's about 10' x 5' I think (in an L shape) and it has a large underbed storage box as a litter tray, green plastic tunnel, carboard box hidey hole, one of those carrot trees, some of those cardboard tube roll things, a wicker waste paper bin, bits of wood to chew, a treat ball that she likes to roll around with her nose. It changes fairly frequently as we spoil her :oops:. She has loads of stuff to chew but isn't much of a chewer and prefers to run around like a lunatic :lol:.

Mines got our old tv stand in it :lol: it doesn't look the best but the buns like jumping on and off it, and going under it. I'm going to put an old 4ft hutch in there instead once I've refelted the roof. Mine don't do toys, there is a ball in there but it's been in the same position for weeks :lol: I've got an old terracotta chimney pot tunnel and one of those tunnels made from sticks that I could give them back, once I've neutralised them with vinegar solution, been waiting till they had been together a while before I gave them back their old things from pre bonding.

Mine have a green plastic tunnel, a corner house, a cardboard tunnel, a stick tunnel and marigold tunnel, a pop up tent a big flower pot and digging pot, two balls, willow dumbbells, hay ball for herbs, hay rack, litter tray with hay in, towel, dog bed, a couple of throw around toys and some chew sticks. I rotate a couple in and out.

They do like the tunnels and the house and anything they can perch on as well as the towel. They like wicker and willow balls too.

Last edited:
In their run atm, N&T have a jumbo hooded litter tray, a table about 30cm high that I made which is really large, and a 3 way tunnel. Soon they'll have a higher run and more options, so I'll rotate the previous things along with their princess castle (although I've taken the stairs and railings off), their new wooden tunnel that my stepdad has made, and their carrier.

They also have various plastic toys to play with too... although they mostly ignore them :roll:

What is a marigold tunnel?

My bunny has run of the house but of course he has his special places! He has tubes stuffed with hay scattered around near the floor boards. Branches with bark to chew on.

He has a three story bunny castle we made of corrugate cardboard boxes. the lowest level has a tunnel entry on one side and a swinging door on the other. Inside his "private" area are some large flat stones and soil for digging.

He also has his cage (never closed) with a box as a hide out, and a litter box, food dish, water bottle, hay bin.

He has a water dish on the floor and some times prefers the bottle and sometimes the dish, we can't ever figure it out BUT, what he loves best is melted snow! when it snows out he wants that above tap water!

I also take plain brown paper and twist lengths of it tightly, good to chew on, make noise with and try to scratch apart!

Will & Nancy have a small hidey out box - got from an old boy at a car boot sale - he makes them. I stuff it full of hay, but they rarely go in it. They sit or flop on top of it!. They also have a litter box and a digging box, filled with soil.(the digging box not the litter box!) I vary their toys, usually some sort of tunnel. One of their favourites is a short piece of guttering which I put hay in and hide treats in the hay.

Back