• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My rabbits are just not shy at all

*Funny*Bunny*

Warren Veteran
Just had a tree surgeon around to quote me to move a small tree from the front garden to the back (it's a beautiful young tree, don't want to kill it, need it moved to park there though, so it's being transplanted!). He walked through the house and saw the rabbits and went straight over to Harvey to fuss him, Harvey didn't bat an eyelid :lol: just sat continuining to munch hay and enjoyed it! The guy then stroked Lilly and she remained laying down, legs still kicked out! I picked Harvey up to show the guy how cute he was, and Harvey just didn't care that a stranger was petting him and was extremely chilled when I put him down to munch his hay again :love:

They are definitely well adjusted bunnies with absolutely no fear of humans, even strangers! I'm a little proud of them if I'm honest :oops:

:love:

That's some happy, confident bunnies. :thumb:

The tree surgeon sounds cool... :lol: if I get anyone in, (like the washing machine bloke, as one of the children have put something in that they shouldn't of... Again... :roll:) I just get shock/uncertainty of the house bunnies... :lol:

:love:

That's some happy, confident bunnies. :thumb:

The tree surgeon sounds cool... :lol: if I get anyone in, (like the washing machine bloke, as one of the children have put something in that they shouldn't of... Again... :roll:) I just get shock/uncertainty of the house bunnies... :lol:

That was what I was expecting to be honest! But he walked into the living room and went straight for Harvey saying "hello little man, what are you doing inside? You're very cute!" and then have him a big fuss! Then he asked if they were always indoors and I explained that they were house rabbits :D

I find it strange that people have never heard of house rabbits! He didn't question it in a bad way though like some people though, he was just really interested and thought they were really cute! Which they are of course :p

That was what I was expecting to be honest! But he walked into the living room and went straight for Harvey saying "hello little man, what are you doing inside? You're very cute!" and then have him a big fuss! Then he asked if they were always indoors and I explained that they were house rabbits :D

I find it strange that people have never heard of house rabbits! He didn't question it in a bad way though like some people though, he was just really interested and thought they were really cute! Which they are of course :p

Of course! :lol: your pair are beautiful. :love: hmmm, I wonder if he went away thinking about having a bunny (or two ;) ) indoors... :D

I must admit, it was RU I discovered the beauty of having indoor bunnies, I always thought it was a good idea, but didn't realise it was ok/people did until I read about other people's experiences of indoor bunnies. :lol: my FIL still has a hard time accepting this fact... :roll:

Of course! :lol: your pair are beautiful. :love: hmmm, I wonder if he went away thinking about having a bunny (or two ;) ) indoors... :D

I must admit, it was RU I discovered the beauty of having indoor bunnies, I always thought it was a good idea, but didn't realise it was ok/people did until I read about other people's experiences of indoor bunnies. :lol: my FIL still has a hard time accepting this fact... :roll:

Awh thanks, I'll pass on the compliments to the bunnies :p

We had a house rabbit when I was younger, he slipped a disc when free ranging in the garden (we have no idea how :( but the vet said it was more common in his breed so he probably just landed awkwardly when jumping) and had to live indoors afterwards as he had a lot of care needs. Maybe that's why I find it so normal! I just say to people when they ask why on earth are they indoors with "why do people keep dogs indoors?" generally their only argument is "because everyone does" :roll:

Luckily all my actual friends and family like that I have house bunnies :D most of my friends haven't met them tbh though! I had a big gathering of some friends once, and the bunnies loved it, they are definitely party animals unlike me!! The more the merrier in their opinion :D so I'd better get on arranging my birthday party! :lol:

Aww, so sweet!

My uncle visits us sometimes, and the first time he gave Amy a little pet (she'd been with us for like a week, then), and like the next time he was here, she was licking his hand (she loves to lick my face and hands, rarely licks my brother and almost never my mum) and very much enjoying it. My uncle has had a lot of animals, including rabbits- his last one, Clover, had his own room. She also, the first time she met my gran in the first week we had her, snuggled up to her very sweetly. She's very laid back, although a little sensitive to noises sometimes.

Aww, so sweet!

My uncle visits us sometimes, and the first time he gave Amy a little pet (she'd been with us for like a week, then), and like the next time he was here, she was licking his hand (she loves to lick my face and hands, rarely licks my brother and almost never my mum) and very much enjoying it. My uncle has had a lot of animals, including rabbits- his last one, Clover, had his own room. She also, the first time she met my gran in the first week we had her, snuggled up to her very sweetly. She's very laid back, although a little sensitive to noises sometimes.

:lol: awh how cute! Harvey will lick anyone who picks him up or gives him a fuss pretty much, he's just more liberal with kisses if it's me, my OH or my mum, it's strange how they remember who they like to groom! Lilly would never groom anyone! That would imply that humans were in charge when quite obviously she is, and therefore she should receive grooming only!

:lol: awh how cute! Harvey will lick anyone who picks him up or gives him a fuss pretty much, he's just more liberal with kisses if it's me, my OH or my mum, it's strange how they remember who they like to groom! Lilly would never groom anyone! That would imply that humans were in charge when quite obviously she is, and therefore she should receive grooming only!

Hee! I get head butts if she feels I'm not doing enough of my part of the grooming. Amy seems to pick up when people are nervous; she met my uncle's gf at Christmas, and although curious and sniffing her, pretty much ignored her (she has some anxiety problems, and wasn't quite sure about the rabbit), and I think finds it rude when people stick their hand in front of her face and expect to be licked- except me, for some reason!

Back